Underwater Sightseer

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
ChrisC
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Underwater Sightseer

Post by ChrisC »

Greetings All,

I talked about learning to dive for at least 20 years before I got around to getting certified.....which still doesn't mean that I "have learned to dive" but I am very much enjoying seeing the creatures and plants underwater and experiencing this other world.

I got certified in Hawaii so that I could pick up basic skills without also dealing with the cold, and found that I enjoyed every part of the experience, even the parts that I was worried might be uncomfortable.

I am in the process of getting my dry suit so that I can join you all in Puget Sound and evirons--I can't believe that I have lived looking at it all my life and have no idea what is under the gray waters, except from pictures I have seen in a number of terrific books.

Since all of my friends think that throwing myself into the Sound is TOTALLY INSANE, I hope to make new acquaintances (with similarly disturbed individuals!) and dive with them.

I look forward to meeting you all , getting diving tips as I sort out buoyancy etc, and touring the wet part of the world.

Chris C
(finishing my dives to be "Advanced" OW [are they kidding with that?] Dry Suit and Nitrox)
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Re: Underwater Sightseer

Post by scottsax »

Hi Chris! Welcome to our club of "special idiots." Come out to the club dive next weekend! See the thread in the Dive Planning section.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

oooo a homophone!!

where are you located chris?

and definitely, come to the club dive!
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
ChrisC
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by ChrisC »

I live in West Seattle, 3 minutes up hill from Alki.

Chris
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Oh, my goodness, what a perfect place to live for a diver!

I don't think you will have any trouble finding similarly disturbed individuals here. I relinquished my sanity six years ago, with my first dips into Puget Sound, and I have lots of company!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Welcome Chris, You are in good company here, we are all certifiable.....a Certified?..... ah heck were just plain addicts! :nutty:

Come on down to Redondo next Saturday and meet the crowd.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome Chris! Come down for a Thursday dive with me at the South end.
I'll give you the nickle tour!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: