Thanks & Congrats from Dive Around The Clock

General banter about diving and why we love it.
RDW
Aquaphile

Thanks & Congrats from Dive Around The Clock

Post by RDW »

Hey group!

Our 5th Dive Around The Clock fundraiser for Seattle Children's Hospital was held this past weekend.
A huge thanks to all who participated. Great turn-out by all in the diving community. While the weather was a bit "dicey" on Friday night and into early Saturday AM, all in all, it wasn't bad. The viz really improved during the
wee hours of Saturday. Our 24 webcast did work just fine. Our stats told me that we had darn near 2000 viewers logged-in to our live stream. Mr. Murphy was with us on Friday. But, good tech support, dumb luck and great people kept him at bay for the rest of the program.
A big "Well Done!" to Daffyd Rhys-Jones (aka: Bishop) of Tacoma Scuba. Bishop and team broke my old dive time record.
(4hr 2min) Bishop did a 4hr 33 min dive on Friday evening. The dive was done on OPEN CIRCUIT. He came out of the water looking none the worse for it. Good team support helps. Bishop helped to raise a nice chunk of change for the DATC cause. Tacoma Scuba was a new sponsor to the DATC this year. Again, a big thanks to Bishop and the crew of Tacoma Scuba.

To all of you out there who helped, participated and supported this years Dive Around The Clock, We on the board salute you!
Attachments
DATC2011-5TH_front_rev01.jpg
Randy Williams

"Man who say it cannot be done should not bother man who is doing it."
ktb
I've Got Gills

Re: Thanks & Congrats from Dive Around The Clock

Post by ktb »

I think HUGE props should go to Georgia (WylerBear) and Valerie (ZenDiver) for each raising over $1000 for DATC, not to mention volunteering their time during the whole 24 hour event. You two are an inspiration!! :luv:

And better late than never . . . And I would personally like to thank E_Mo for diving with me on Friday night after DBrown had equipment issues. Another successful NWDC meet-up!

P.S. Can someone make sure Sounder DOESN'T get a bullhorn next year?!?
Kelly
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Re: Thanks & Congrats from Dive Around The Clock

Post by Sounder »

ktb wrote:P.S. Can someone make sure Sounder DOESN'T get a bullhorn next year?!?
"How can you win an argument against someone who is louder than a chain saw? Even if you’re completely right, you’re wrong, because I have the bullhorn."
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!