Pony weighting.

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Pony weighting.

Post by Linedog »

I'm going to start diving with my 19cf pony. Between the pony and reg set I'm looking at about 5 pounds extra. Can I, should I, remove the same amount of weight off my belt? This is just a weight question not a pony vs sling debate or even if I should carry a pony. Thank you for understanding. :dontknow:
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
Geek
Pelagic

Re: Pony weighting.

Post by Geek »

At 19 is about 1.7 neg full and .7-ish neg empty, do your weighting as if it was empty, figure 1-2lbs for the rest... personaly I would just take 2lbs off and call it good for several dives and see...
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

Before we can give pony advice we will need to know how many hands tall your pony is? :smt064
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

My little pony is 4.6 hands tall. :joshsmith:
Pop tarts and gravy,
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I wouldn't change my weighting at all. If you breathe it empty, its going to be slightly positive, and if you hand it off to someone who needs it, you're back to square one.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Good point.
Pop tarts and gravy,
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

I'm with Josh on this one. I dive the same weight with or without my pony bottle on. Only thing I might suggest is shifting a couple lbs of weight from whatever side you choose to mount your pony on to the other side so you don't end up heavy on one side.

That is unless you like diving in circles...
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

finnegankp wrote:I'm with Josh on this one. I dive the same weight with or without my pony bottle on. Only thing I might suggest is shifting a couple lbs of weight from whatever side you choose to mount your pony on to the other side so you don't end up heavy on one side.

That is unless you like diving in circles...
+1 or 2...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Joshua Smith wrote:I wouldn't change my weighting at all. If you breathe it empty, its going to be slightly positive, and if you hand it off to someone who needs it, you're back to square one.
+1 for what Josh said.
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

mz53480 wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:I wouldn't change my weighting at all. If you breathe it empty, its going to be slightly positive, and if you hand it off to someone who needs it, you're back to square one.
+1 for what Josh said.
+1 for Mz but not for Josh, so that is -1 for...wait a minute...if I take 200 luminz and divide it by candleprowlers and then use the &46^^80__ equasion then yes I dive a 40cu 98% percent of the time and do not change my weight at all, no problems.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: Pony weighting.

Post by Joshua Smith »

Norris wrote:
mz53480 wrote:
+1 for what Josh said.
+1 for Mz but not for Josh, so that is -1 for...wait a minute...if I take 200 luminz and divide it by candleprowlers and then use the &46^^80__ equasion then yes I dive a 40cu 98% percent of the time and do not change my weight at all, no problems.

Dont forget to breath on youre accent! (and why do you have 98% in you're 40?)
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Joshua Smith wrote:
Norris wrote:
mz53480 wrote:
+1 for what Josh said.

Dont forget to breath on youre accent! (and why do you have 98% in you're 40?)
I mix my own gas.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Come on guys now I'm confused, if my pony is HID do I have to sling it or if its LED with a certain lumen can I attach it to my main tank or do I have to do some more math???
Pop tarts and gravy,
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Linedog wrote:Come on guys now I'm confused, if my pony is HID do I have to sling it or if its LED with a certain lumen can I attach it to my main tank or do I have to do some more math???
Yes and I'm afraid you will have to use the formula I mentioned above. Cept I think you'll have to do it spanish and then convert to english.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Norris wrote:
Linedog wrote:Come on guys now I'm confused, if my pony is HID do I have to sling it or if its LED with a certain lumen can I attach it to my main tank or do I have to do some more math???
Yes and I'm afraid you will have to use the formula I mentioned above. Cept I think you'll have to do it spanish and then convert to english.
If you do it in Spanglish to start with it cuts down on conversion time...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Norris wrote:

Use the volume formula of the outside of the cylinder*how much each cuft of air weighs dry/wet weight-regulator hose length+difference of % of nitrox vs air%(how many clips you have on the bottle)= weight negative.

Don't get me started on how to figure for empty weight.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Dashrynn wrote:
Norris wrote:
Use the volume formula of the outside of the cylinder*how much each cuft of air weighs dry/wet weight-regulator hose length+difference of % of nitrox vs air%(how many clips you have on the bottle)= weight negative.
Don't get me started on how to figure for empty weight.
Yeah, and don't forget to only shoot your lift bag from above 30fsw too.....
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!