Hello from Wisconsin

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
ScottK
Just Settling In

Hello from Wisconsin

Post by ScottK »

Greetings NWDC. I hope its OK to be a part-time Northwest diver. I spend most of my time in and around Madison, WI, but love diving in Puget Sound. I made my first trip to Seattle last summer and dove Keystone Jetty and EUP, which were absolutely fanstatic; I was planning a return trip before I got out of the water. I intended to get back last fall, but went to Jamaica instead (a poor decision). I am finally going to be back in Seattle and Portland Mar 28-Apr 4 and am hoping to spend a lot of time underwater.
I found the NWDC shortly after I returned from Seattle last summer; what a great club! I have been lurking on and off for the past few months and have learned quite a bit about Northwest diving, Puget Sound critters, and the people in the club. Hopefully some of you will be willing to dive with me when I am there.
I was certified last May, and dive about twice a week (at least, I was diving twice a week until everything here froze over. My last dive was New Year's day.) and have logged 50+ dives. Most are in freshwater lakes and quarries in Wisconsin and in Lake Michigan, with a few in Puget Sound and Jamaica. I got my AOW certification last fall.
Hope to see you in the water.
Scott
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

welcome scott, what brings you to seattle for visits and not full time?? just think no ice diving
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
mattwave
Amphibian

Post by mattwave »

Glad to have you aboard, let's get wet!
"Scuba Like You Love It!"
Let's go diving
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome Scott! Glad you like it here, and you'll find no shortage of dive buddies when you come into our neck of the woods to hang out!

How about a Wisconsin diving story or two? :bounce:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Mmmmm... cheeeeese. \:D/
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

welcome to our little homble aboad scott!
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Hi Scott,

I am sure you will find some buddies here to dive with. Where in the Puget Sound area are you diving? That may help narrow down who will take you out. Meaning wether you'll be in the south end or the north end. Not that we don't drive all over the place anyway...

Hope to see you in the water soon!

Cheers,
Holly
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Tom Nic wrote:Welcome Scott! Glad you like it here, and you'll find no shortage of dive buddies when you come into our neck of the woods to hang out!

How about a Wisconsin diving story or two? :bounce:
Or better yet, a picture or two. Welcome!
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
ScottK
Just Settling In

Post by ScottK »

Thanks for the warm welcome. As tempting as it is to become a full-time NW diver, I don't think I could convince my non-diving wife that we should move across the country because the diving is more interesting. My sojourns to your area will therefore be limited to brief visits between commitments at home and work when I can find cheap airfare. Like this upcoming trip.
What brought me to Puget Sound in the first place is NWDC's own Calvin. I ran across his website while googling something to do with diving and saw a story about the Diver's Fair at Underwater Sports last summer. I needed some gear, had heard that the Northwest was a good place to dive, and had a couple of friends from college who had relocated to the area, so I came out for a long weekend. I did a couple of dives that were absolutely teriffic and I am anxious to get back.
I will be in the Seattle area from March 28-April 1, spending at least part of the time in Lake Forest Park, and in Portland April 2 and 3. However, my schedule is very flexible and I am open to suggestions. Anyone want to go diving?
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Scott!
Be sure to post when and where you want to dive and some of us will surely meet you there!
Tom nic and I are avid fans of Three Tree North
during the week days March 29th or the 30th?
Let us know! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Oh ya , And welcome to the club Cheese head! :salute:
My Brother lives somewhere in Wisconsin Too! :dontknow:

Keith (bassman)
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

Welcome fellow Wisconsinite! At least at one time - I've given up that name quite willingly ;) Have you dove the quarry in Black River Falls then? I would put the name but I don't think I could spell it :P

Just got back from Australia and you're just leaving - sorry to have missed you!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

rjarnold wrote:Just got back from Australia and you're just leaving - sorry to have missed you!
SOOO..... Rachel.... where is the HUGE trip report?!!? Hmmmm????? You CANNOT go to Australia, dive looking for cute little fishies to dismember in the name of science, and NOT tell us about it!?! We're waiting?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

WELL, I am slowly, but surely, uploading many of my pictures to my photobucket account. When that's done I'll post the link :) It doesn't help that the computer that many of them are on is in my office while I've spent the weekend at home relaxing ;)