Point Defiance North Wall and Dalco w/dalcodiver

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Point Defiance North Wall and Dalco w/dalcodiver

Post by Jeff Pack »

Dalcodiver kindly allowed me to join him on a few boat dives yesterday in the Narrows. After a few minutes interview, he determined I wasnt a complete Rodney, just a little bit of a Rodney, and let me dive with him off of his charter boat on a personal dive this day.

The plan was to do 3 dives, but as we were just getting the boat up to plane, the engine backfired, and bit backfired again. Strike 1, returned to port.

So we moved all our gear to another guys vessel, and wound up diving off of that. This boat was smaller, and less space, so we changed to 2 dives (good plan)

The first dive on North Wall, was really nice. No Current at all, at at least 20ft viz, maybe slightly better.

For the second dive, it had already been raining, and you could see the silt line from the puyallup river.

Dove through that to Dalco, and we hit probably an 1/16k current. Enough to notice, not enough to be concerned over. So it kind of became a drift dive, and we just let the current move us along. It was turning evening as we dove, so I guess I sort of had my first night dive. My new light-for-me Backup tec XML worked awesomely. I would say on spot it was slightly hotter than Bills Sola 1200 on spot. For my first night dive in over 35 years, plus a little current, it was hell'a fun. I can see why folks like night dives. For me, its just getting gear on in the dark (or limited light) thats an issue for me right now. Viz once we got below the silt table was at least 20-30 anyways.

Both dives were alot of fun, no octo's to be seen, but a few dens we found. Gunnels, rockfish, and other assorted sea life were seen on both dives.

Bill even refilled my tanks back at his shop (nice compressor!). Now I have compressor envy.

Bill, thx for bringing me along!
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Re: Point Defiance North Wall and Dalco w/dalcodiver

Post by BASSMAN »

Any pictures? :smt064
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Re: Point Defiance North Wall and Dalco w/dalcodiver

Post by Jeff Pack »

I dont have an undie camera yet, Bill probably does, I dunno. Space was rather at a premium with 3 of us there. I dont have the photographic gene, my pics generally suck monkey crap.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.