limeyx
Aquaphile

Re: 90 deg reg elbow

Post by limeyx »

CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Jeanna and Lundy both left their camera's at home today. But I surprised them with decent vis in the lake :partydance:

So there's no footage of me, the landing craft, the BFR we dove, or the 3rd shallow wreck we dropped on. Ce la vie

Diving the razor is really NBD. Gearing up standing in shallow water is also NBD. Gearing up floating on the surface is a royal pita. Hp100s are heavy SOBs hanging on gear lines and finding the rear dring with hands frozen in 43F water is ugly. Takes friggin forever to sort all that crap out losing thermal units all the time.
HTFU. All I am hearing is whining.
It was 43F in the lake, where were you?
At home. With the heating on. Actually, doing a few reconnaissance laps of your favorite dive site. Made it almost 30 mins.
30mins? HTFU that's barely a dive.
20 for 20 mate. Thats almost 2 dives since we hit 66 feet!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Jeanna and Lundy both left their camera's at home today. But I surprised them with decent vis in the lake :partydance:

So there's no footage of me, the landing craft, the BFR we dove, or the 3rd shallow wreck we dropped on. Ce la vie

Diving the razor is really NBD. Gearing up standing in shallow water is also NBD. Gearing up floating on the surface is a royal pita. Hp100s are heavy SOBs hanging on gear lines and finding the rear dring with hands frozen in 43F water is ugly. Takes friggin forever to sort all that crap out losing thermal units all the time.
At home. With the heating on. Actually, doing a few reconnaissance laps of your favorite dive site. Made it almost 30 mins.
Are you working on your instructor trainer course director thingamabob or something??
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
limeyx
Aquaphile

Post by limeyx »

Course director instructor instructor.
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:

Are you working on your instructor trainer course director thingamabob or something??
You both need to HTFU....

While Nick was Cove 2 Commando 20 for 20, I was floating on the surface in 43 degree water for 30 minutes..WET... waiting for you to figure out what went where, and how to get it there!

Cherry pickers
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
limeyx
Aquaphile

Post by limeyx »

BDub wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:

You both need to HTFU....

While Nick was Cove 2 Commando 20 for 20, I was floating on the surface in 43 degree water for 30 minutes..WET... waiting for you to figure out what went where, and how to get it there!

Cherry pickers
In the snow too ! (not to mention the too obvious to mention TWSS)
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

And barefoot!

Oh, and
BDub wrote:...I was floating on the surface in 43 degree water for 30 minutes.. WET... waiting for you to figure out what went where, and how to get it there!
TWSS!

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
limeyx
Aquaphile

Post by limeyx »

BDub wrote:And barefoot!

Oh, and
BDub wrote:...I was floating on the surface in 43 degree water for 30 minutes.. WET... waiting for you to figure out what went where, and how to get it there!
TWSS!
...and I bet the lake is uphill both ways too? Not to mention the ferocious currents. And icebergs.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

limeyx wrote:

Oh, and
TWSS!
...and I bet the lake is uphill both ways too? Not to mention the ferocious currents. And icebergs.
We had to clip a hole in the ice.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
limeyx
Aquaphile

Post by limeyx »

CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:

Oh, and
TWSS!
Using RJacks knobbly knees as an impromptu ice-saw no doubt.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:

Oh, and
TWSS!
Finally, something useful about him! :neener:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Penopolypants wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:

Oh, and
TWSS!
Besides my newfound bubbly sidemount personality? :rjack:
limeyx
Aquaphile

Post by limeyx »

CaptnJack wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:

Oh, and
TWSS!
This isn't match.com you know ....
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:

Oh, and
TWSS!
I know its quite a love :luv: - hate :angry: thing with the razor...
limeyx
Aquaphile

Post by limeyx »

CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:

Oh, and
TWSS!
You might have more luck if you didn't tell it your hobbies were bareback horseriding at sunset, swimming with the dolphins and flower arranging.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:

Oh, and
TWSS!
You might have more luck if you didn't tell it your hobbies were bareback horseriding at sunset, swimming with the dolphins and flower arranging.
They seemed to work for you??
limeyx
Aquaphile

Post by limeyx »

CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:

Oh, and
TWSS!
Could not possibly comment.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:
limeyx wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
limeyx wrote:

Oh, and
TWSS!
Could not possibly comment.

Guess she's signed up here then?
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Hmmmm....I finally clicked on this thread out of curiosity. After all, what could there POSSIBLY be to discuss for 4 pages in a thread inquiring about a "90 degree reg elbow"????

I see that NWDC is once again living up to its reputation for thread-jacks....but is it REALLY a thread-jack when the orriginal poster actively participates?

Carry on, ladies and gentlemen! :rofl:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Believe it or not I bought the $12 non-swivel elbow from Piranah.
Tried it with a 28" reg hose, ack way too short!
Tried it with a 37" reg hose, ack way too long!

I don't have the "just right" length reg hose (32"?) to use the elbow so I took it off for now.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

CaptnJack wrote:Believe it or not I bought the $12 non-swivel elbow from Piranah.

I don't have the "just right" length reg hose (32"?) to use the elbow so I took it off for now.
How did you rig it? I'm a little bit bigger than you, and a 28" works for me on my DST, coming off the "top" of the reg when it's horizontal, reg facing up towards me.

Edite ** I may have a 32" hose in my bin at home, I'll look.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Its on a side port of a SP mk20. (swivel)
My issue with the 28" may not have been the hose. I tightened up the neck bungie after the one dive with the 28" hose and that may keep the reg closer. But I changed hose length at the same time.

Don't think I actually need the elbow honestly. I am leaving it off but using the 37" hose for now. I am also getting some thicker bungie for the neck. 1/4" is rather flimsy so I am upsizing to 5/16"
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

CaptnJack wrote:Believe it or not I bought the $12 non-swivel elbow from Piranah.

if you ordered those lp fittings, you wouldn't be having this problem. :smt064
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

spatman wrote:

if you ordered those lp fittings, you wouldn't be having this problem. :smt064
I'd have to order a "real" hose once I got the exact size anyway. No way I'm taking those things in any kind of overhead. I might if it were MX and I could carry a wrench. But with dry gloves? forgetaboutit.

I'd rather leave the elbow off actually. Less is more.
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Having done a couple of dives with Richard in his Razor, I guess I'm qualified as an expert now...

Honestly, I don't see the need for the elbows, fittings, etc. Get the proper length hose, and route it like you would a stage or deco bottle.

I see the necessity for keeping it super tight if you're using sm for its original purpose of negotiating tight restrictions. But for open water diving, or in Richard's case of it being a matter of the logistics/distance of hiking the tanks in and not restrictions, just get the proper length hose and be done with it.

Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

CaptnJack wrote:Its on a side port of a SP mk20. (swivel)
My issue with the 28" may not have been the hose. I tightened up the neck bungie after the one dive with the 28" hose and that may keep the reg closer. But I changed hose length at the same time.

Don't think I actually need the elbow honestly. I am leaving it off but using the 37" hose for now. I am also getting some thicker bungie for the neck. 1/4" is rather flimsy so I am upsizing to 5/16"
5/16 is perfect for hp 100's.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman