90 deg reg elbow

General topics about technical diving.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

90 deg reg elbow

Post by CaptnJack »

Does anyone know where I can find a 90deg elbow for a second stage? Non-swivel.
Golem has them but they are $45 without even adding in the shipping yet O.o
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
spatman
I've Got Gills

90 deg reg elbow

Post by spatman »

60south
Pelagic

Re: 90 deg reg elbow

Post by 60south »

$25 at divegearexpress, http://www.divegearexpress.com/regulato ... lpbc.shtml

I'd go with spatman's link... :notworthy:
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

I use DR's 70 degree elbow. But I did see a Trident 90 on the wall at Tacoma Scuba.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Thanks, I looked there but alI I found were swivels. Duh

Its too bad they don't have 6 or 7" inflator hoses too so I could one stop shop
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
spatman
I've Got Gills

90 deg reg elbow

Post by spatman »

CaptnJack wrote:
Thanks, I looked there but alI I found were swivels. Duh

Its too bad they don't have 6 or 7" inflator hoses too so I could one stop shop
I wish they made these:

http://www.silentdivingdirect.com/direc ... cts_id=367
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Theoretically I could use those instead of getting a short LP inflator hose. But the LPI hose is only $20 and its one stop shopping so oh well. As much as I hate shipping charges, the costs for me in time, fuel and ferry/tolls to drive anywhere are rediculous.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

CaptnJack wrote:Theoretically I could use those instead of getting a short LP inflator hose. But the LPI hose is only $20 and its one stop shopping so oh well.
True, but the Silentdiving fitting is reusable. There's an up-front investment, but from that point on any hose you grab becomes a custom hose. That's worth something.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

airsix wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Theoretically I could use those instead of getting a short LP inflator hose. But the LPI hose is only $20 and its one stop shopping so oh well.
True, but the Silentdiving fitting is reusable. There's an up-front investment, but from that point on any hose you grab becomes a custom hose. That's worth something.
+1
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

airsix wrote:
In a cave, I'd rather have a permanent swage which can't be accidentally unscrewed etc. When its time to replace it in 5yrs time NBD.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

SM? What system? Those silent diving things are no more likely to fail than a swaged fitting imho.

I use the xs scuba elbow. Matt at NWSD got it for me a little cheaper than piranha when you look at the shipping.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Nwbrewer wrote:SM? What system? Those silent diving things are no more likely to fail than a swaged fitting imho.

I use the xs scuba elbow. Matt at NWSD got it for me a little cheaper than piranha when you look at the shipping.
We're going back north cave diving next summer. I'm getting a Razor to help with the tank movage. I needed BC inflator to 1/4" NPT connectors anyway so was a good opportunity to order from them. Just wish I'd remembered to get more 6" HP hoses while I was at it, oh well I have a few around. Next time.

Driving to Mill Creek would cost me 3-4x shipping from Piranha. $14 each way for the ferry to West Seattle + about 8gals of gas = ~$55. Maybe the shop in Bremerton could have ordered an elbow although I rather doubt it - they know better than me with attitude.
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Post by fishb0y »

I picked one up at Tacoma Scuba a couple of months ago... I don't remember how much though.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

CaptnJack wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:SM? What system? Those silent diving things are no more likely to fail than a swaged fitting imho.

We're going back north cave diving next summer. I'm getting a Razor to help with the tank movage. I needed BC inflator to 1/4" NPT connectors anyway so was a good opportunity to order from them. Just wish I'd remembered to get more 6" HP hoses while I was at it, oh well I have a few around. Next time.

Driving to Mill Creek would cost me 3-4x shipping from Piranha. $14 each way for the ferry to West Seattle + about 8gals of gas = ~$55. Maybe the shop in Bremerton could have ordered an elbow although I rather doubt it - they know better than me with attitude.
I keep forgetting you're over there. Yeah, in that case shipping isn't so bad.

Are you doing a class, or trial and error?

Interested to hear how you think the Razor works with big steels. I think I'm going to try some 119's soon with my fake razor and see how it works.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Nwbrewer wrote: I keep forgetting you're over there. Yeah, in that case shipping isn't so bad.

Interested to hear how you think the Razor works with big steels. I think I'm going to try some 119's soon with my fake razor and see how it works.
I'll just dive the rig a few times in the lake, a good chunk of the cave can be swam with a snorkel and what can't isn't rocket science. The cave is plenty big enough for backmounted doubles, its the "caving" parts which are such a bitch.

No big steels. We'll be using hp100s for 18/45 "backgas". 2 al80 stages one of transit air, one of 18/45. 2 al40s for deco gas. We get as far as we get on that. Total volume of air equivalents = 55+55+77+42+40+40 = 309 cf = ~25lbs. So I think the Razor's 45lb wing should be fine.

I'd prefer to use lp85s for backgas but mine are spray galvanized and painted so they'd be completely trashed by the end of the week.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

CaptnJack wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote: I keep forgetting you're over there. Yeah, in that case shipping isn't so bad.

I'll just dive the rig a few times in the lake, a good chunk of the cave can be swam with a snorkel and what can't isn't rocket science. The cave is plenty big enough for backmounted doubles, its the "caving" parts which are such a bitch.

No big steels. We'll be using hp100s for 18/45 "backgas". 2 al80 stages one of transit air, one of 18/45. 2 al40s for deco gas. We get as far as we get on that. Total volume of air equivalents = 55+55+77+42+40+40 = 309 cf = ~25lbs. So I think the Razor's 45lb wing should be fine.

I'd prefer to use lp85s for backgas but mine are spray galvanized and painted so they'd be completely trashed by the end of the week.
If by in the lake you mean Lake Wa, I'd be interested in going with you to play around a little. I want to watch you strap all 6 tanks on the first time. :taco:

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Nwbrewer wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:

If by in the lake you mean Lake Wa, I'd be interested in going with you to play around a little. I want to watch you strap all 6 tanks on the first time. :taco:
Hah I'll give it a go with 3 the first time. They'll be alot heavier with air in them. But I may bring a full suite for your amusement on dive2. I'll be ordering up the rest of my bits and pieces in the next couple weeks. So early-mid Feb
spatman
I've Got Gills

90 deg reg elbow

Post by spatman »

Richard, are you breaking up a set of doubled 100s for sidemount, or are you using two singles?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I have 4 hp100 singles right now. All right hand valves.
2x 3/4" necked Worthington's 2x 7/8" necked PSTs. I broke apart some AL80 doubles this past summer and have 2x left handed 3/4" valves. I will swap those onto the Worthington's to have 2 left hand 100s and 2 right hand PST 100s. The PSTs have to be on the right since I don't have any left handed 7/8" valves. I suppose I could buy one but seems silly and they are really expensive. And all 11 of my AL80s will also have proper right handed valves for use as stages.

I need two sets of 100s for sidemounting, one for me, one for my out of town buddy. I can take the rigging off and use the 100s as singles even with the left handed valves.

The trivial weight/bouyancy differences between Worthingtons and PST 100s don't matter once you start adding stages and deco bottles anyway. Not to mention this is caving not cave diving.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

I have two sets of worthies with L/R valves. If you want to borrow a pair we can figure out a way to get them to you.
limeyx
Aquaphile

Post by limeyx »

spatman wrote:I have two sets of worthies with L/R valves. If you want to borrow a pair we can figure out a way to get them to you.
I also have some worthington LP85s (galvanized) that I haven't even taken out of the box yet, and those out of hydro LP85s and some out of hydro AL80s which could be taken apart. Should be in Seattle End of Feb with them...
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Thanks guys
Tanks are not the issue as much as the spine to carry them 1km and then rock climb with them in between swims!
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

CaptnJack wrote:Tanks are not the issue as much as the spine to carry them 1km and then rock climb with them in between swims!
Cherry picker
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

BDub wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Tanks are not the issue as much as the spine to carry them 1km and then rock climb with them in between swims!
Cherry picker
Are you coming to with to dog dish cave?
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

CaptnJack wrote:
BDub wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Tanks are not the issue as much as the spine to carry them 1km and then rock climb with them :laughing3: in between swims!
Cherry picker
Are you coming to with to dog dish cave?

6 bottles at dog dish cave. Sounds similar to a quickshot at 30'! :shootself:

Consider my schedule cleared :popcorn:
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding