Fusion inner bag repair?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Matt S.
Submariner

Fusion inner bag repair?

Post by Matt S. »

We just found a dime sized hole in Jen's Fusion... While gearing up at Redondo. Better than underwater I guess! Anyone know how to fix it? Looks like an easy job but for all I know it requires $100 in exotic adhesives.

Thanks!
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Re: Fusion inner bag repair?

Post by guitarmaker »

Whites uses a patch material that's applied by using a heat gun (I had good results with a hair dryer) - no liquid adhesives are used. Fortunately for me, my lds had a little bit of the material so you may try a dealer or Whites.
Cheers!

Ron
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

You can grab a kit here too. Very easy to use. I cut down the patches because you don't need much for pin-holes. My suit was used and had 3 pin holes in it when I got it. I think I've only used about 1/2 of one patch. The Fusion is urethane so don't use any adhesives made for neoprene or butyl.

Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

For a temporary fix until you can get the patch kit material, Gorilla Tape works great, so long as you don't have to cross any seam tape. I put "temporary fixes" on my Fusion twice, and when it went to the great bag heaven in the sky, it still had them :)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
johnclark
Aquaphile

Post by johnclark »

+1 On the Gorilla Tape. Call Wally at Tacoma Scuba. He may have a few kits for sale.
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

Thanks everyone!