Diving Wednesday/Thursday?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Anyone want to dive Wednesday or Thursday (or maybe even Tuesday night???) West of the Tacoma Narrows bridge is super sweet, but I'm willing to travel a bit. Whidbey is also some level of awesome. Bonus points if it's a site I haven't been to yet. Points for you know...uh...PRIDE AND GLORY!!! *shifty eyes smiley that doesn't exist*

Takers? I promise I'll even remember my boots this time. They're attached to my drysuit, already in my car. Maybe if you're lucky I'll even remember my weights, and my mask.
raptor
Dive-aholic

Post by raptor »

I would be in for Tuesday night dive.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Re: Diving Wednesday/Thursday?

Post by BASSMAN »

PM sent...
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Wednesday night works for me.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Sweet! Is there anything worth diving over here? I know tides are "meh" at best. It doesn't have to be great though, I'll take "diveable" since I don't think I've managed a dive in the Puget Sound yet this year! (I know!)
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

cardiver wrote:Wednesday night works for me.
Wednesday night where? :dontknow:
json
Aquaphile

Post by json »

Where are you planning to go? If its not to far from the house I could go. Already doing some checkout dives weds afternoon. More dive between gear rinses is always good.
Procastination is like masterbaition,it's all good until you realize your only screwing yourself!
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

I am up for suggestions. I don't have much interest in going super early in the morning, but other than that I'm pretty flexible.
json
Aquaphile

Post by json »

Wonder if les Davis would be worth it?
Procastination is like masterbaition,it's all good until you realize your only screwing yourself!
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

I've never done Hood Canal -- is there anything good down there this time of year, with the large exchanges tomorrow? I love Les Davis, but there's also a non-zero possibility I'll end up there Thursday, and I've done it plenty.

I'd like to get in an early afternoon-ish dive, so I'm not driving around until midnight, if that works for you.
json
Aquaphile

Post by json »

Sund rock is awesome that's one of my favorite spots. It cost to get in the you have to go to hood sport and dive to sign in. I think they are closed on Wednesday though. Also octopus hole is right there too its free, parking sucks it just off the highway. Vis is usually good.
Cmjstealth
Avid Diver

Post by Cmjstealth »

I'd also love to dive Weds (today) if you are going. Also never done south sound - gear is in car and ready to go.
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Where are you coming from? I'd love to dive this afternoon, and I'm coming from Port Townsend. I'd be willing to drive up to about an hour and a half or so from me (so the north part of Hood Canal, or Bremerton-ish area). Does that work with where you're at?
Cmjstealth
Avid Diver

Post by Cmjstealth »

Looks like sund rock (i've never done it) would be about 1:20 drive for you, 1:45 drive for me (each way). I confirmed the website does say the shop is closed Wednesdays so I assume there is no way to dive today.

I could be talked into Octopus hole. Sounds like a lot of fun just a bit of a drive. Also always wanted to do Rosario and the keystone jetty (also about the same drive for me and would have to be this afternoon/evening to hit a slack)
Cmjstealth
Avid Diver

Post by Cmjstealth »

Oh.. forgot to say I'd be coming from Bellevue.

Harper's Ferry looks like another easy one 100-1:30 drive for each of us (Haven't done it either): http://theperfectdive.com/DEF-Site.asp?sID=169

360-421-0744
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

I love Keystone -- I think if we were to hit it about half an hour before high tide today we'd be ok for one dive. There would still be a bit of current, but I've done that site crawling along the bottom when I completely blew the tides so I'm fine with a bit of current :P I'd like to see the new entry they've got set up there too, I haven't been over since they did all the dredging. We could try hopping over to Driftwood too, but the current might be going too much by then to get in a second dive. If I hopped on the 2:15 ferry I could be over there around 2:45, and if we're in the water by about 3:15 that would be ideal. I'd try Harper's too, though I've never done it. Not sure how the tides factor in there.
Cmjstealth
Avid Diver

Post by Cmjstealth »

Keystone would be awesome. Would we be limited to one dive due to currents? If so, would you be interested in doing a second somewhere nearby?
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

We could try for two, but we might find ourselves fighting a bit on one of them. I could get there as early as 1:15, but I don't think you could make it by then? The other thing we could do is do one dive at Keystone, then pop up to Langley tire reef. That's another site I haven't done yet, but it seems rather benign.

Edit: ok, so I wrote this before really looking it up...Langley tire reef is a bit farther from Keystone than I thought, but still not a terrible drive, and I think it's in your direction depending on how you get there?
Cmjstealth
Avid Diver

Post by Cmjstealth »

Sounds perfect. I'll load up, head that direction, and see what ferry I make :-). Should be an exciting day!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Guys, Harpers ferry really isnt current sensitive. A fun shallow dive, max depth maybe 45 ft. at the big boat. small bottle field, ect. Sometimes there is an octo under one of the boats.....
raptor
Dive-aholic

Post by raptor »

Is there still a Thursday dive in the works?
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17490

Though I'm less motivated to drive down that way at 9am than I was yesterday...
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

eliseaboo wrote:http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17490

Though I'm less motivated to drive down that way at 9am than I was yesterday...
Awe come on Elise, if the first dive is bad we will head over to the true and tested Les Davis while the tide is still out, for a second dive. If. We go there the splash time should be around 1:30pm'ish
I'll be @ Tacoma Scuba @ 10:00am. :smt064
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Sweet, I'm headed there too! I should be there between 10:15 and 10:30 to trade some tanks, hopefully you'll still be there because I'm not 100% sure where I am going....
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

eliseaboo wrote:Sweet, I'm headed there too! I should be there between 10:15 and 10:30 to trade some tanks, hopefully you'll still be there because I'm not 100% sure where I am going....
I'll see you ther! :highfive: