Lake Crescent does not disappoint

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

Today my good friend Barry and I set off on a winter adventure to Lake Crescent. We were able to fulfill our dream of diving the Warren Wreck. Thanks to the good folks at the National Park Service who rushed thru our permit and the excellent directions from Scott Boyd both in finding the wreck and who to contact to get the permit.

We left South Everett in a snow storm and arrived at Lake Crescent to find wind and snow pellets. After scouting out some landmarks on shore we geared up and entered the 40 degree water. After kicking out to our descent point and deploying our dive flag we emptied our BCD's and descended into the abyss. Visibilty was about 30 to 40 feet not bad but not as good as we have seen at Sledge Hammer Point down the lake.

After reaching our target depth of 150 feet we started to head East and ran into the car a short distance away. I knew that the car was rather small but I did not realize how small it was. I paused for a moment to say a short prayer for the Warren's and then proceeded to explore the rest of the wreck. All too soon our bottom time was up and we started to make our slow ascent to the surface. My buddies navigation was spot on and we found our dive flag line when we got to our 20 foot stop. We then spent our 20 foot stop slowly swimming to our exit point.

Total dive time was 69 minutes and a bottom temperature of 40 degrees thankfully we took argon with us.

It was another awesome day in the water. I am really starting to like diving in fresh water. Very little to clean up.

Mike
coulterboy
Amphibian

Re: Lake Crescent does not disappoint

Post by coulterboy »

Any pics?
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

We did not take a camera with us this time. The next time we go we will though. We shot some top side photos but my buddy has not sent them to me yet.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Rockfish wrote: I paused for a moment to say a short prayer for the Warren's...
Thank you for this....it matters.
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

John Rawlings wrote:
Rockfish wrote: I paused for a moment to say a short prayer for the Warren's...
Thank you for this....it matters.
+1000
It's all about respect. Good on you Rockfish
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

What about pics or video? :smt064
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

Check post 3.