Seeker

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Seeker

Post by ORDiver »

If I had an extra million I'd buy her and restore her.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1986/Ha ... ted-States
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Seeker

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah. If nothing else, you could set it up as a floating museum and charge east coast wreck diving meathead a dollar every time they said the words "Doria", "U-Who", "869", "Chatterton", or "Kohler" on board. Wouldn't take too many of them before you recouped your initial investment.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Joshua Smith wrote:Yeah. If nothing else, you could set it up as a floating museum and charge east coast wreck diving meathead a dollar every time they said the words "Doria", "U-Who", "869", "Chatterton", or "Kohler" on board. Wouldn't take too many of them before you recouped your initial investment.
I lol'd. :)

I wonder if Ridley Scott's Shadow Divers movie will ever take off, he certainly would have the funds (or investors) to fix her up.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Joshua Smith wrote:Yeah. If nothing else, you could set it up as a floating museum and charge east coast wreck diving meathead a dollar every time they said the words "Doria", "U-Who", "869", "Chatterton", or "Kohler" on board. Wouldn't take too many of them before you recouped your initial investment.
You forgot selling souvenir t-shirts, complete with pizza stains. Where's your business sense?!?!?
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

BDub wrote:
You forgot selling souvenir t-shirts, complete with pizza stains. Where's your business sense?!?!?
Sank with the Kalakala
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Don't forget a few T bottles and non-rebreather masks so one can experience simulated blown deco. Perhaps for an extra charge the guests can get wacked in their knees/shoulders and you can upgrade them to nitrous so that they can experience some pain relief.

Somebody gave me a copy of Deep Descent for Christmas and it makes me cringe every time I pick it up and read a bit.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Lol. Some of my buddies were on a charter with a notorious East Coast wrecker in the great lakes last summer. They made a game out of trying to count how many times he said "Doria" in a given time period. They kept losing track, and eventually gave up.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

I would be willing to get shitfaced and play the part of Bill Nagle for dinner cruises around Puget Sound.