Pink Salmon In The Skagit River

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
in_minsk_we_trust
Avid Diver

Pink Salmon In The Skagit River

Post by in_minsk_we_trust »

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/37760696[/vimeo]

Some footage of Pink Salmon in the Skagit River. Hoping to shoot all 5 species this year... Hope you like it!

Chris
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Re: Pink Salmon In The Skagit River

Post by John Rawlings »

I really enjoyed that, Chris! Perfect selection of music for it, too!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Humpies! Well done, very cool.
Furnari
Aquaphile

Post by Furnari »

Very nice- thanks for sharing...
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Chris: Great job. I liked the mist rising across the face of wooded slopes and lively parr swimming among humped old fish. And having a son that is over 40, I appreciate that we don't die right after reproducing. Keep up the good work.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
in_minsk_we_trust
Avid Diver

Thanks guys! Shot it all in one day in some very cold water. Spent about 8 hours just hanging out with them and letting them get comfortable swimming near me and the camera.

Some of them were truly beat up. One actually swam into Jess's hands and just quit swimming! It was thankful to be held for a little bit. On a nastier note Jess was standing next to one guy who caught one. When he lifted it out of the water, leaches (maybe?) just poured out of its mouth. Probably one of the grossest things you could ever see. I don't think I'll be eating Salmon for a while.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Impressive footage, thanks for sharing :)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Very cool!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

oldsalt wrote:Chris: Great job. I liked the mist rising across the face of wooded slopes and lively parr swimming among humped old fish. And having a son that is over 40, I appreciate that we don't die right after reproducing. Keep up the good work.
-Curt
+1
The only box you have to think outside of is the one you build around yourself.
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Very cool... Looks like you were up past Marblemount??? You give a whole new perspective, Well done!!!
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

in_minsk_we_trust
Avid Diver

Yeah most of the underwater stuff is at Marblemount just past the bridge and the B-roll is from the rest area by mile marker 101. My wife is living up in Diablo while she works on her Master's, so I get to spend every weekend in the Cascades. Sucks to be me, huh?
Octoloco
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Octoloco »

Beautiful! Nicely done!
Dive by Shooting!!

Kathy
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

in_minsk_we_trust wrote:On a nastier note Jess was standing next to one guy who caught one. When he lifted it out of the water, leaches (maybe?) just poured out of its mouth. Probably one of the grossest things you could ever see. I don't think I'll be eating Salmon for a while.
Chris, There are people on this board smarter than me on this, but my guess is the salmon was filled with hagfish. Check them out if you are unfamiliar with them.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.