4 dives last Thursday!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

4 dives last Thursday!

Post by BASSMAN »

Tom Nic and I, dove Fox Island West wall and then I took Tom over to C.I. Shenanigans (Dry Dock) for a second dive.
We were unsuccessfull in finding the Giant Nudibrach's feeding on Tube Worms. in fact we didn't find any Giant Nudibranchs!
But some of the big Orange Sea Pens were there.
Orange Sea Pen @ Fox Island West Wall
Orange Sea Pen @ Fox Island West Wall
We had some of the strongest current I've ever felt at this site!
Then Came the Current!
Then Came the Current!
A well Decorated Crab!
A well Decorated Crab!
all on the same rock as the crab
all on the same rock as the crab
Making Lepord Dorid, babies?
Making Lepord Dorid, babies?
I didn't get any good pictures at the Dry Dock but we did see some fast moving Stubby Squid there.

For my third dive I met up with bucknaked and Rob3 @ Les Davis...
Nice,  Low Tide!
Nice, Low Tide!
Peek-a-boo, I see you!
Peek-a-boo, I see you!
bucknaked found this nice Striped Nudie, at Les Davis!
bucknaked found this nice Striped Nudie, at Les Davis!
Oh, did I mention Rob3's new camera rig takes great picture! :notworthy:
For my fourth dive of the day we headed back to C.I. Shenanigans again and Once again buck naked found a great find there
Too bad I couldn't get a good picture, he kept moving too fast.
Bigest Lumpie I've seen yet!
Bigest Lumpie I've seen yet!
I have some video, but cant post it from my work computer.
I think Rob3 might have gotten some good pics of him. :smt064

That Dry Dock dive, at C.I. Shenanigans has some great critters! Fun Dive! :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: 4 dives last Thursday!

Post by Tom Nic »

How was viz at Les?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
bucknaked
Submariner

Post by bucknaked »

:pirate: Rob3 when are we going to see some pics :pirate:
Rob3
Avid Diver

Post by Rob3 »

Here are a couple from the dives at Les Davis and C.I. Shenanigans
Attachments
14.jpg
13.jpg
12.jpg
11.jpg
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Vis was not as spectacular as I hoped for, with the low tide, but it was still 15 or 20 feet.
vis at Shenanigans was better.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I really enjoyed the first two dives! Some pics from FIWW are here.

Fox Island West Wall had quite a bit of current in the shallows... it was less at depth, but had to be dealt with. I was a bit surprised to find NO Giant Nudis there after all that have been seen recently. There was one Red Dendronotid that was laying eggs, but that was it.

There were more Leopard Dorids and Berthella californica than I've ever seen on a dive. Here's one of the Berthella's...

There was one GPO tucked way back in a cave, and evidence of a few more. The Brown and Copper Rockfish at this site stay tucked away in one of the meagre caves on the wall. I suppose there isn't much cover otherwise.

All in all, a very good dive. Here's a few more shots, and I'll see if I can get some uploaded from CI Shenanigans later. I really enjoyed that dive, BTW. It is typical for the Ruston waterfront, but the left over dock is really cool and should really have more life on it than we saw!

"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

CI Shenanigans was an interesting dive... first time I've done this, but likely not the last. The pilings from the old dry dock are a great start to the dive, covered in Plumose Anemones, looking for all the world like there should be a TON of life in and around them - however there was not much. Not sure if it's because of Winter or just the generally nasty water of Commencement Bay.

A few pics from the dive are here .

Seeing the Stubby leaving his little ink trail was a treat!

There was a very pregnant Dungy being held prisoner behind the fence under the restaurant. Thought of mounting a rescue operation and then quickly thought better of it.

There are several large Painted Anemones on the rocks that form the foundation for the restaurant's sea wall. I only got to do a bit of exploring because my dive buddy was headed for shore! Maybe next time.

Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

4 dives last Thursday!

Post by Scubie Doo »

Rob, nice shot of the shrimp. Those are very difficult to shoot. Looks like your rig is working out!
Rob3
Avid Diver

Post by Rob3 »

Thanks, I am trying to convince myself it would work so much better with another strobe.
bucknaked
Submariner

Post by bucknaked »

Very nice pics rob and tom
mpenders
Submariner

Post by mpenders »

Rob3 wrote:Thanks, I am trying to convince myself it would work so much better with another strobe.
Have you tried using your older strobe for fill yet?

Nice shots all the way around, everyone!

Mike
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Great pictures here!

Looking at the one of the entry at Les Davis reminded me that it's just about the only site I can think of I'd rather dive at low tide . . . That's the time you can SEE the rocks that are going to trip you!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames