Hello from Beaverton

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Reaper
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hello from Beaverton

Post by Reaper »

Hi all, I am in Oregon and looking to involve myself in the dive community more than I currently am. I have been a warm water diver mostly, but would like to do more diving. Have decided to get myself a drysuit and get my cold water dive on! Looking forward to reading through the forums and getting better acquainted with everyone.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Re: Hello from Beaverton

Post by kdupreez »

Welcome to the nuthouse! please enjoy your stay :)

BTW - seems like there's a decent influx of Oregon folks recently, thats pretty cool to see!

Ya'll should put a "Oregon Goes North" dive day(s) together and come up for some fun!!
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the club/board. You have found the right place if you want to start more cold water diving.
Lots of dive buddies here for ya'!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Reaper
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Reaper »

Thanks for the welcome. I recently did a dive up at Alki cove about a month ago. I had to end my dive with more than half a tank left due to numb fingers and toes :) Waiting for my drysuit to come in so I can hopefully stay in the water longer. I am planning on several dives a month or more if all goes well. :D
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

I reaper!
I am in Portland and go diving just about every weekend.

If you are free on the first thursday of the month you can also stop by the Oregon Scuba Club -- http://www.oregonscuba.com
Meet some buddies, arrange some dives and so forth :)
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

kdupreez wrote:Ya'll should put a "Oregon Goes North" dive day(s) together and come up for some fun!!
That's two or three times a month for some of us! ;)

Welcome, Reaper!
vs920
Frequent Bubbler

Post by vs920 »

Hi Reaper,
Welcome!
I'm also in PDX, I dive with the Oregon Scuba Club & FlyinV on occasion in Hood Canal & Puget Sound, always something spectacular to see and never a dull moment.
Hope to see you in the water.
Reaper
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Reaper »

Awesome guys.... Ill have a look at Oregon Scuba and see whats going on there. @Flyin V, you mostly go North to dive?
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

Yes the easy diving with lots of critters is all in Hood Canal and Puget Sound.

We do go to Netarts Bay, Barview Jetty and an charter out of Newport.
The charter out of Newport is awesome but its advanced diving due to open ocean conditions.
You also might be all set to go diving and get cancelled due to the conditions.

Netarts is pretty cool -- We see a lot of critters there -- Even an Octo in 30 feet :)
You do need to watch the tides a bit --- they can rip thru the bay.

There are also a few lakes around the PDX area you can hit if you really need to get wet.
Lake Merwin up near Woodland Washington is "decent at times" and there is a cave line to follow around.

http://www.planyourdive.com/map/sites/6 ... %20Merwin/

I haven't been up there in about a year -- Should plan a dive once the rain stops and the water clears up... Taking a random guess right now the water is about coffee there :)
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com