New to the Neighborhood and the Forum

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Paul
Getting To Know Folks

New to the Neighborhood and the Forum

Post by Paul »

Hello fellow Divers –

I am new to the North West – and have a New BCD – so I am looking to do a mellow first dive here in my new home area, and would appreciate recommendations. I am looking for buddies too.

I am an Advanced Open Water Diver, been diving for 10 years, but want to play it safe and mellow on first dive with a piece of new equipment. I have experience in cold water from living and diving in San Diego, and living in Cleveland and diving the great lakes.

I live in Redmond – but I am just learning my way around, I think I can find the water. I work a flexible schedule, best time for me to dive is between 10 am and 4 pm week days – and some weekends – hope that matches with others in this group.

Thanks – Paul
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Welcome to the club Paul. I don't do much diving between 10 and 4, but I'm sure there are some here who do. In any case, you found the right spot. What kind of BC is your new one?
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome to NWDC Paul. =D>

I recommend getting wet over at Cove 2, it has a great staging area and you can tailor the dive to any level of difficulty. I'm likely going next Wednesday evening and you're welcome to join. PM if interested.
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Welcome to our "Fruit and Nut bowl" Paul. Plenty of divers looking to dive mid week.

Charles
backwash
Avid Diver

bienvenidos

Post by backwash »

Paul my buddy my friend...."You had me at Midweek" I have no idea where Redmond is but I live in Puyallup so I am willing to drive just about anywhere to dive. I am going to be diving at Cove 2 on Saturday afternoon and then Mukelito on Sat evening. feel free to jump in. Or hit me up anytime you want to get wet during the week.

andy
Adventure is just bad planning.

"Ronald Amudsen"
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Welcome!!! TomNic and Sounder dive frequently during those hours. They are diving a mellow area, Redondo (between Des Moines and Federal Way; take I-5's Exit 147, head directly west/stay on the same road until come across Salty's, then look for parking just passed Salty's either on the street or in large, public parking lot), all day tomorrow (three dives).

Here's the thread's address:
http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=1818

Rich
Dogboy
Aquaphile

Post by Dogboy »

Welcome. I am also a mid-week diver (as soon as my drysuit comes back from repair-new seals). Hope you hook up with you soon. My wife and I have a Carribean trip coming up in a couple of weeks, but after that I will be available as a dive buddy.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the club Paul!
I also do midweek dives (afterwork) Three Tree North and Redondo are both pretty mellow and fun to dive.
Looking forward to meeting / diving with you sometime!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Welcome Paul.. Sorry I don't do a lot of Mid week diving espcially during those times as I have a regular office job.. But I hope to see you in the water around soon!

Cheers,

Holly
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Welcome to the PNW, Paul.

My husband and I both are frequent midweek midday divers, as are a couple of our friends as well. Shoot me a PM when you would like to dive. We live in Woodinville, so tend to focus on Edmonds and Alki as frequent sites, both of which are nice, easy dives.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

welcome to the pac blue paul! lets go get wet :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz:
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Welcome to NWDC!

Cheers
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Nice to meet you yesterday at 3TN Paul! Hope to dive with you soon...

-Tom
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Paul, It was nice to meet you. I had fun diving with you last Weds. Let me know if you want to do it again sometime. Welcome to the club!!

Ken
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Hey, Paul- it was good to meet you- briefly, anyway. I dove with the "doubles crew." You dove w/ my bestest dive buddy ever, Calvin. You're a lucky guy-Calvin "took me under his wing" a year ago and tought me a LOT of stuff about diving. He's been, and continues to be, a great mentor. Even if he is a jerk. :axe:
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Nailer99 wrote: He's been, and continues to be, a great mentor. Even if he is a jerk. :axe:
Ahhh, can't you just feel the love? :violent1:

-Valerie :supz:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Nailer99 wrote:Hey, Paul- it was good to meet you- briefly, anyway. I dove with the "doubles crew." You dove w/ my bestest dive buddy ever, Calvin. You're a lucky guy-Calvin "took me under his wing" a year ago and tought me a LOT of stuff about diving. He's been, and continues to be, a great mentor. Even if he is a jerk. :axe:
Wow, I didn't know what'd come over you till the last sentence :evil4: :naka:

Even though he's way older, Nailer has somewhat become my 'little brother' in diving; I always give him a hard time, mostly because he's a great bud. :axe: