Dry Suit Hose Length

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
KneeDeep
Submariner

Dry Suit Hose Length

Post by KneeDeep »

Just wondering what hose length to get for my dry suit. I'm 6' with a single tank.
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
Alaska-Herb
Aquaphile

Re: Dry Suit Hose Length

Post by Alaska-Herb »

I am 6'1" and Broad in the beam (250#) I dive singles and I like to route the hose under my army loosely and then tuck it under my Strap and not feel it pull. I use a LP miflex at 35 " . The length is all going to depend on you and how you like it to fit. For me a little loose is better than a little tight.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I'm 6' and the standard inflation hose works fine for me. If you are buying new it should come with a hose. If not it still should come with one. It depends allot on where you locate it on your first stage and where you like to route it. There are allot of different ways to do it. Personally I route it under my right arm but my buddy likes it over his left shoulder. If your in need of an inflation hose check around there are allot of them stored away in peoples junk boxes not being used and you can probably get one for little or nothing.
diverden
Compulsive Diver

Post by diverden »

I agree, it depends on a lot of things like body shape, suit details like cut and inflator placement. I've never met anyone who doesn't run the hose down the left side under the arm and harness strap.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

diverden wrote: I've never met anyone who doesn't run the hose down the left side under the arm and harness strap.
Come on up to PT and dive with me. I can fix that. :neener:
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

Dusty2 wrote:
diverden wrote: I've never met anyone who doesn't run the hose down the left side under the arm and harness strap.
I will take you up on that Dusty... but won't be any time in the very near future. :)
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
diverden
Compulsive Diver

Post by diverden »

Dusty2 wrote:
Later in the summer I will definitely do that. I've never been!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

diverden wrote:I agree, it depends on a lot of things like body shape, suit details like cut and inflator placement. I've never met anyone who doesn't run the hose down the left side under the arm and harness strap.
So wait I thought it was THAT hose that was supposed to be 7' in order to be a technical, sigh back to the drawing board.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

:laughing3: