New Portland Diver Needs Buddy

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
GeekyDiver
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New Portland Diver Needs Buddy

Post by GeekyDiver »

Hey there!!

I am new, both to diving and here.

I did a Discover Scuba at Edmonds Underwater Park in January, and was hooked. I got certified last May in the Virgin Islands.

At the time of certification, I was dating a PADI divemaster. He has since decided to dive alone, and now I need a dive buddy! I have been out of the water FAAAAAR too long!

I have two weekends a month on which I can dive. I am willing to dive just about anything, but am not very experienced, so patience is appreciated.

I have acquired most of my own gear, needing only a wetsuit, hood and gloves to complete my set, so if anybody knows where I can get that cheap, I'd appreciate it!

I look forward to meeting lots of new divers and spending as much time as I can underwater!!

-Lori
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Re: New Portland Diver Needs Buddy

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the club!
You are welcome to come up on a Thursday (start your weekend early) and dive with the South Sound Dives. Just keep an eye on the dive planning section of this board.
We'll take you on a dusk dive and if you are comfortable with that you can do a full on night dive!
If you need instruction on night diving, please have that done before you come up.
I don't give instruction or train diver's. I leave that to the qualified instructors and dive masters.
I just enjoy diving on Thursdays. Oh, and NIGHT DIVES!!! :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Re: New Portland Diver Needs Buddy

Post by FlyinV »

If your down in the Portland area www.oregonscuba.com is a great club to find some local dive buddies and see whats going on diving wise locally. Also helpful for carpooling to Puget Sound and Hood Canal to cut costs.
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com