Dive Around The Clock LIVE Webcast!

General banter about diving and why we love it.
RDW
Aquaphile

Dive Around The Clock LIVE Webcast!

Post by RDW »

Once again this year, we are streaming a LIVE webcast of the Dive Around The Clock event. Go here: http://www.live.divearoundtheclock.com to view the webcast. A link will also be placed on our main webpage to redirect you to the viewer page. The event starts at 4PM this coming Friday. The opening shot will be that of Larry and Kyle doing a Giant Stride from the MaST pier at Redondo!

I've added some features this year. In addition to the live underwater camera, we've added a new camera and sound that will be at the dive booth/check-in/out area.
We can get in some interviews with all you divers! Another cam & mic will be set-up in the MaST Aquarium building. That way, I can get in some programs to show the patients at Seattle Children's Hospital and at Doernbecher Children's Hospital in Portland. The plan is to have the webcast showing on their in-house TV networks.
In the next day or two, I will have a broadcast schedule posted. The whole thing is a Flash Media stream. Sorry, no budge to have it stream to iPads. I am told that there are Apps to use on the iPad to allow viewing of Flash Media embedded on webpages such as ours. Please watch and pass the viewer page URL to your friends a family folks! We do appreciate it!
Attachments
DATC 2012 handout flyer.sticker.jpg
Randy Williams

"Man who say it cannot be done should not bother man who is doing it."
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Re: Dive Around The Clock LIVE Webcast!

Post by Zen Diver »

This should be great Randy :joshsmith:
RDW
Aquaphile

DATC LIVE Webcast Schedule Friday/Saturday

Post by RDW »

Here's the latest video webcast schedule for Dive Around The Clock. (OK, it should be in pencil)
Friday:
4PM Larry and Kyle do the opening giant stride off the MaST pier.
other cams will be up and showing the surface action at the booth area.
7PM I'll do an U/W video segment as I need to plant the camera mount on the bottom.
The rest of the evening will be views from the two topside cams switching with the U/W camera.
(interviews, etc)

Saturday:
0900 First segment that will feature Dr Eric from Tacoma Scuba as he starts his (hopefully) 5 hour dive.
10AM to 1PM-ish I'll be doing various segments from underwater. This is the main time that the webcast will be shown in the hospitals. Other cam views to follow/
4PM Ending dive as Larry and Kyle come in from the last dive of the event.
We will then shift to the MaST classroom to start the closing ceremony stuff.
Not sure exactly when that starts, should be around 4:30-5PM-ish.
You will need a flash media player, etc...installed to view
http://www.live.divearoundtheclock.com

Thanks everyone for your support!
Randy Williams

"Man who say it cannot be done should not bother man who is doing it."