pipe source?

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

pipe source?

Post by CaptnJack »

Anyone know where I can get 10ft of 8" corrugated HDPE drain pipe? My local pipe place has it, but only in 20ft sticks and given the price (~$200) I don't want 2x more than I need :(

And believe it or not this is scuba related... I am going all "Brewer" and building my own lp tanks :supz:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Re: pipe source?

Post by Jeff Pack »

Try looking around some local job sites that are doing platt development. Often there are ends not used.

Although 200$ for a stick of 8in is silly, I get my pipe in Tacoma through I think it was Pacific Waterworks in Tacoma/Puyallup, they had the best prices I could find on 12in pipe.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

CaptnJack wrote:Anyone know where I can get 10ft of 8" corrugated HDPE drain pipe? My local pipe place has it, but only in 20ft sticks and given the price (~$200) I don't want 2x more than I need :(

And believe it or not this is scuba related... I am going all "Brewer" and building my own lp tanks :supz:

Very LP apparently!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

Keep updates on this
:popcorn:
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

8" corrugated HDPE is $10/foot and only in 20ft lengths at HD Fowler - much more than PVC. I can't use PVC, needs to be flexible and corrugated. I will call Pacific Waterworks tho.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

Jeff Pack wrote:..... I get my pipe in Tacoma through I think it was Pacific Waterworks in Tacoma/Puyallup, they had the best prices I could find on 12in pipe.

Is that what you use to smoke all that rock?
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Just checked Ferguson Supply, they only have 20' lengths of 8". You could try calling Pacific Supply, they are the other dominant wholesaler around here.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Blitz wrote:
Jeff Pack wrote:..... I get my pipe in Tacoma through I think it was Pacific Waterworks in Tacoma/Puyallup, they had the best prices I could find on 12in pipe.

Is that what you use to smoke all that rock?
was a 220ft water bong...
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

renoun wrote:Just checked Ferguson Supply, they only have 20' lengths of 8". You could try calling Pacific Supply, they are the other dominant wholesaler around here.
Which pacific supply? There are loads of companies by that general name.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

CaptnJack wrote: Which pacific supply?
Oops, http://www.pacificplumbing.com/Locations/default.aspxPacific Plumbing Supply

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver