Spear Fishing

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Spear Fishing

Post by Maverick »

Anyone wanna go shoot some fish on the 25th this month or any time after that?
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
scubadev
Getting To Know Folks

hunting report

Post by scubadev »

mav, just to give you a ling teaser i went out yesterday for opening day. hit the possession ferry. the score was two ling 16 and 20 pounds, one cabezon, about 6 or 7 pounds, two rockfish (via rod and reel), and about 4 beers total. the five fish netted us right at 20lbs of meat. can you say oh yeah. anyway, if you are up for an evening dive i will try and hook up with you at least once for a hunting dive.

later,
devin
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I might be convinced to go hunting, as long as we eat the catch. I had kind of a bad experience the first time I tried it in Hawaii (I ended up being the hunted and used my hawaiian sling as a tool for defense), so hopefully a hunting dive that ends well will change my mind about whether hunting while diving is fun or not.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

"I ended up being the hunted"?!?! :toimonster:

Wow! Now there is a story that BEGS to be told!

Do tell! :bounce:
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Re: hunting report

Post by Maverick »

[quote="scubadev"]mav, just to give you a ling teaser i went out yesterday for opening day. hit the possession ferry. the score was two ling 16 and 20 pounds, one cabezon, about 6 or 7 pounds, two rockfish (via rod and reel), and about 4 beers total. the five fish netted us right at 20lbs of meat. can you say oh yeah. anyway, if you are up for an evening dive i will try and hook up with you at least once for a hunting dive.

Devin I would love to go out for an evening hunt, just tell me when and were. I went ling fishing saturday at hat island and possesion point and not a freakin' bite. But I did catch a heavy sun burn. :rr: \

Just let me know buddy
BJ
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Calvin wrote:I might be convinced to go hunting, as long as we eat the catch. I had kind of a bad experience the first time I tried it in Hawaii (I ended up being the hunted and used my hawaiian sling as a tool for defense), so hopefully a hunting dive that ends well will change my mind about whether hunting while diving is fun or not.

Okay, You got my Attention... =D>