Hudson and the Ranger 8/13/12

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
LeoWhite
Just Settling In

Hudson and the Ranger 8/13/12

Post by LeoWhite »

First a Big thanks to Dusty and Eliseaboo!!!!! Two great dives today.

Saw my first Octo, a couple goofy lookin crabs, a couple nudis, and some other little fish(can't remember what dusty said it was), plus the plethora of other stuff that i expect to see when i dive the sound. I was happy with the vis and kudos to dusty for putting up with me being over weighted by 8 pounds, that sucked.

Then met up with Eliseaboo for the Ranger, vis wasn't even half as good as the point. Got to see another octo, drop down face to face with a good size sculpin, thought it was a rock! There were a few legal size crabs, too bad they were female :(

All in all, it was a GREAT day!!!!!

Thanks again you too!!! this was a great reintro/knock the rust off of my diving. I can't wait to do it again.

Leo
oooh shinies
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Hudson and the Ranger 8/13/12

Post by Tom Nic »

Nice report! Thanks for telling the story, and welcome back to the wonderful world of cold water diving in Puget Sound!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I've put up with a hell of allot worse and I love taking people out at Hudson and showing them all the life out there and seeing the enthusiasm and excitement.

Your welcome back anytime Leo
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Yeah, it was a nice dive. I kinda like when the viz is bad occasionally, you can mess with all the kelp leaves and crab that you want to and it doesn't matter :blackblink:

Confirmed my suspicions that the Ranger is usually pretty murkey regardless of the tides, and that there is, in fact, nothing beyond the sand flats...