ttn

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
bucknaked
Submariner

ttn

Post by bucknaked »

Dove ten with the usual suspects. Keith, Jessie (hope i didn't miss spell your name) tom Nick and a friend of jessies.(can't remember you r name sorry). Two good dives. Did a dive straight out where Keitund two big balls of lead that he procedured to carrybaround.watched him flop about with 20 pounds over weight. Keith spotted two moon snails doing the nasty .second dive it was just Keith and i. did the junkyard. saw several octos two studies one who was bathing a shrimp.lots ratfish. it was a good easy relaxing dive. the best sight though where on the way home. Saw Silky the Pimp strolling down the street keeping his stable in line.then there was a guy who was having a reall good night and the start of a bad one.Keith put it well looked like he was trying to climb a mountion on the sidewalk.amazing what you see late at night in seatac.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Re: ttn

Post by Scubie Doo »

Matte (hope I spelled your name right). Only you could sprinkle snail sex, Keith's balls, and a pimp into a dive report. Gotta love the one they call Bucknaked.

I will check my photos this weekend and Dane was the other diver :-)
mpenders
Submariner

Post by mpenders »

I really need to remember to get a cup of coffee in me before reading your dive reports, Buck. I found myself wondering why an octo would want to bathe a shrimp...and how?

Always entertaining, tho!

Sounds like a good night at 3TN!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

:rofl: Matt,
You gotta stop posting dive reports from your phone!

Colorful tho" :pirate:

Studies Bathing shrip?
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

mpenders wrote:I really need to remember to get a cup of coffee in me before reading your dive reports, Buck. I found myself wondering why an octo would want to bathe a shrimp...and how?

Always entertaining, tho!

Sounds like a good night at 3TN!
Wow. Matt's dive reports are truly a thing of beauty.

I will post a bit later when I have some pics up and I am NOT on my phone...
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Keith's mad camera skilz are clearly on display here!

Between Matt's writing skilz and Keith's photography skilz this will be one awesome dive report! :calvin: :supz:
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I think he was half asleep or maybe partaking of some of that fire water. :smt064
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I only got to do one dive because of a drysuit valve leak. Hopefully a good soaking will clear things up.

A few of my pics are here.

Two of my main dive buddies have become bottle junkies, :pills: and in the process deep nitrogen junkies as well ('cause that's where the bottle are). We dropped deep to a relatively unexplored bottle field (we think) and I pretended to look for bottles while I scanned for critters and kept one eye on Keith & Matt's lights and bottle born silt clouds. I don't think we hit one of the artificial "reefs", but still stumbled across some cool critters.

Critters and bottles DO mix somewhat, I suppose....

I stumbled across a sleeping, or at least a very relaxed Whitespotted Greenling. Usually these guys won't hold still for anything...

I was VERY pleased to come across this little guy, a nudi I have never seen at TTN before. I know it as Dendronotus diversicolor, but someone will probably tell me that they have combined Dendronotus albus and diversicolor into the same species, though for the life of me I can't remember which. Whatever you call it, a beautiful nudi!

This gorgeously colored Copper Rockfish was hiding behind a log, and let me get close enough for this pic.

And finally, the real treat for me was this Spinyhead Sculpin, Dasycottus settiger It was a first for me in hundreds of dives on this site - I was pretty excited!

Thanks guys for another great Thursday dive!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

ooooo new fishy! Pretty exciting and a pretty gnarly lookin critter too. :joshsmith:
Sometimes goin a little deeper pays off. The only six gill I ever saw was down there at about 130'

Who flooded their camera?

And yes they were changed to D. albus Guess they know why but I sure don't :angry:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

No camera flood, just inserted into the case, bass ackwards! (that's for Matt).

Second dive, got the camera turned around, but had a malfunction that would not clear unless I open and closed the batt compartment, which I did not want to try, during our surface swim :angry:

Great couple of dives and the bioluminescence(sp?) was still spectacular!!!

Found a few bottles, nothing old, but a few new shapes to add to my collection.

Matt and I are going to hit the Tides Tavern dive site, later today, to find a few bottles there! :supz:
:pirate: :pirate: are there any bottles, at that site? :smt064
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

FYI, Matt and I figured out how to make a Stubby Squid turn completely white.
Place a Starfish on top of it!
Of course I took the Starfish off as soon as I realized the Stubby was going nowhere! :penelope:
bucknaked
Submariner

Post by bucknaked »

BASSMAN wrote:FYI, Matt and I figured out how to make a Stubby Squid turn completely white.
Place a Starfish on top of it!squid
Of course I took the Starfish off as soon as I realized the Stubby was going nowhere! :penelope:
That stubble squid was pissed too
bucknaked
Submariner

Post by bucknaked »

Scubie Doo wrote:Matte (hope I spelled your name right). Only you could sprinkle snail sex, Keith's balls, and a pimp into a dive report. Gotta love the one they call Bucknaked.

I will check my photos this weekend and Dane was the other diver :-)
I damn near spit sunflower seeds all over Keith truck when i read this
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

BASSMAN wrote:No camera flood, just inserted into the case, bass ackwards! (that's for Matt).

:pirate: :pirate: are there any bottles, at that site? :smt064
Not bass ackwards, down side up! :smt064
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

bucknaked wrote:
BASSMAN wrote:FYI, Matt and I figured out how to make a Stubby Squid turn completely white.
Place a Starfish on top of it!squid
That stubble squid was pissed too
I have never seen STUBBLE on my face that look like a squid? :pirate: :popcorn:
Jeff Castor