Busted lens port on my housing

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Alexitt
Submariner

Busted lens port on my housing

Post by Alexitt »

Posted this in the Imaging section as well but not everyone goes there and I'm trying all avenues right now because I can't afford a new housing...

I have an Ikelite 6242.90 Housing for Canon S90 and while giving it a good cleaning tonight during re-assembly the lens port threads snapped... #%$^&!!! Yes I probably snugged it too hard but it didn't seem to be too much pressure at the time... What I need to know is Can I get a replacement??? Or am I totally screwed... Please tell me it's available and not going to cost my left testicle (cause I still need it)... I hope you guys can help, You always have in the past...

Thanks and hoping for some good news
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

RoxnDox
Submariner

Re: Busted lens port on my housing

Post by RoxnDox »

So the threads on the housing itself busted and you have no way to mount that lovely WA lens? Hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

RoxnDox wrote:So the threads on the housing itself busted and you have no way to mount that lovely WA lens? Hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Don't get too anxious yet... :pirate:
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Alexitt wrote:
RoxnDox wrote:So the threads on the housing itself busted and you have no way to mount that lovely WA lens? Hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Don't get too anxious yet... :pirate:
Well, if the lens gets to where it's feeling too dehydrated, I know a camera it would fit just fine.... Just sayin' :angelblue:
DecidedlyOdd
Aquaphile

Post by DecidedlyOdd »

B&H has it listed for $250, probably because they're trying to clear out older stock. Other places seem to be charging $325. You can always shoot an email over to Ikelite service & repairs first to see if they'll be able to repair it at any sort of reasonable price.
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Spoke with Ikelite this AM and the part is available... 100$ and should be here at the end of the week... Sorry Jim... Still way cheaper than a new housing and apparently I'm not the first person to ever do this...
-Alex-

RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Alexitt wrote:Spoke with Ikelite this AM and the part is available... 100$ and should be here at the end of the week... Sorry Jim... Still way cheaper than a new housing and apparently I'm not the first person to ever do this...
good news (for you, anyway!) :neener:

Jim