I should have posted this here

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

BbbleMkr wrote:For Sgt. Pepper and Diver C, last night in Cove 2 it would be: Fighting Shrimp Wallops!

Ask Sgt. Pepper about the SUPER aggressive shrimp that chased after the both of them. I don't know what they did to that little guy, but he was POd! Diver C may have gotten some shots, but I think the shrimp was all up in his grill and such, so he may not have gotten a good focus on the beasty.

dd
More details! More details!! :bounce: Sarge? Diver C?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I can understand being attacked by a cabbie but a shrimp?! That's got bad news written all over it... starting with the phrase "a shrimp attacked me."

So Sarge - I hear you might bring the new Mrs. Sgt. Pepper and mini-you tomorrow night!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

So, Adron comes across this sleeping shrimp on its side last night in the shallows of Cove 2. Thinking its dead, he pokes it. :smt064 The shrimp SPRINGS to life :smt027 , and starts swimming after Adron with its two teany, tiny propulsion systems working 200%, spinning frantically, and its little pincher trying to pinch him. :axe: Although, I think its teany, tiny brain was thinking attack :angryfire:, not pinch. It was quite hilarious. The look on Adron's face :pale: The Attacking Shrimp was darn determined to get Adron. Feeling :rr: I nudged The Attacking Shrimp with one of my strobes :bootyshake:, and it decided it would (try to) get me instead. :axe: It was very difficult not to spit out my regulator from laughing so hard.

I did get a picture of The Attacking Shrimp, and will try to post it tonight. I wish I had thought of switching to video. It would have made for some great hilarity. Still feeling feisty and not able to beat us up, I'm sure The Attacking Shrimp probably kicked some poor unsuspecting shrimp's tail as soon as it landed, and found a real potential victim :violent1:

Now, you can't say you've not been warned - be wary of The Attacking :smt027 Shrimp in Cove 2 around 15', mid-Cove. I think I will dive with a little cocktail fork and some cocktail sauce tomorrow.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

See!? Is this a great place or what!? :prayer:

Stories like that keep me divin' and smilin'! =D>

Between Jr. and the attack shrimp there will be some crazy thoughts going through the minds of the critters in Cove 2 tonight when the army of HID's and regular lights descend on that place... :rr:
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

:book: I think most of you suffer UMMMMMM I mean ENJOY Nitrogen Narcosis <<< spell check please
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Tom - I think I'm going to bring my dive-sword today in case we have to tussle with some rogue shrimp... though I like Rich's idea of a cocktail fork.

Enjoying being narc'ed? Well... you either like it or hate it. Warm and fuzzy or apprehensive and paranoid. Then there are those who become OCD... checking their gauges every 10 seconds. #-o
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Hey Hansome - what are you doing tonight?! You should join us for pizza! :partyman:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounder wrote:Hey Hansome - what are you doing tonight?! You should join us for pizza! :partyman:
OK, Tom knows that Sounder is talking to Pogi...

Tom takes a deep breath, remembers that Erica is coming tonight...

OH, nevermind.... :naka:
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Sounder wrote:Hey Hansome - what are you doing tonight?! You should join us for pizza! :partyman:
Dude, I don't want to see you refer to another guy as handsome ever again :axe: . I thought I was a little effeminate since I squealed when a shrimp tried to attack me, but that's ridiculous.

P.S. The most interesting part of the evening with the shrimp attack was about being head butted by what I swear was a Cabezon at Cove 2. I know, I know, I've never seen one there either, but it must have been a cabby, and it was absolutely enormous.
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Sergeant Pepper wrote: P.S. The most interesting part of the evening with the shrimp attack was about being head butted by what I swear was a Cabezon at Cove 2. I know, I know, I've never seen one there either, but it must have been a cabby, and it was absolutely enormous.
I've seen cabbies at Cove 2 several times.

-Valerie
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

I've heard of this rare species of marine life, known as the Rambo Shrimp it's only found in shallow waters on the south side of Puget Sound. You should all log the sighting!

:supz:
jokeborn
Frequent Bubbler

Post by jokeborn »

Anybody with kids who has watched Shark Tale has seen the gang of shrimp who challenged the sharks, maybe you ran into one of their members?
"Those who dare cannot be called weak"
http://flickr.com/photos/7892717@N05/se ... 103784113/