A good Wreck article

General banter about diving and why we love it.
GillyWeed
Submariner

A good Wreck article

Post by GillyWeed »

Here's a good article on us NOT getting wrecks in PS anytime soon.. =(

http://seattleweekly.com/2007-04-18/new ... n-ship.php
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Where's the "have to reinvent the wheel" similie?

PCBs are definately a problem in Puget Sound, we got thousands of pounds of them is sediments in all sorts of places, Seattle waterfront/Duwamish, all the naval facilities, etc.

But taking that stuff out of a ship isn't rocket science. Neither is remving or capping contaminated sediment.

The real impediment in this state is our unwillingness to just friggin' do something. Gotta study, vote, study more, partially fund, vote again, yada yada ad nauseum. We spend 99% of our resources looking for magic "consensus" because nobody has any balls/ovaries.

Sigh
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Amen!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I fail to understand the concept of all that money needed to do the research that has allready been done!

Somebody has deep pockets they want to filled.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I don't think there are any pockets to be filled. "More research" is government-speak when nobody wants to make a decision that might be unpopular somewhere with someone.

global warming? more research
genetically modifed food? more research
SR520 bridge? more study
SR99? more study
Duwamish cleanup? more research
existing development stormwater pollution controls? more research
raising fuel economy standards? hydrogen car, oops that takes more research

Leaders are paralyzed by the threat of court action and adverse public opinion. Just pathetic.
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

So silly and stupid! ](*,) The Chaudiere is sunk in an inlet. I wonder how long the water sits around there. How about Lake Washignton and all its accidental, non-prepped sinkings? ](*,) Politicians can always come up with excuses for anything. ](*,) How is it that all these other states and countries can do it, and this @#$@*^$ state can't???!!! ](*,) Do they honestly think they take a ship as is and sink it without a care in the world as to the environment? ](*,)