Looking for a G10...

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Looking for a G10...

Post by Scubie Doo »

I was cleaning my 5d housing today and noticed a small crack at one of the buttons. I have to send my housing back for repair.

I got rid of my G10 thinking I would not need it. I am curious if anyone has a G10 I can trade for? I know it's a long shot, but you never know :) If you are willing to consider to trade (or even sell) hit me up with a pm.

Thanks.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Looking for a G10...

Post by Dusty2 »

you no touchy my G10 :gunslinger: :axe:
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Dusty2 wrote:you no touchy my G10 :gunslinger: :axe:
Yeah, yeah. I know Rich. I wouldn't dare :-)
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

There are a couple of used ones on ebay and adorama has a well used one for $159
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Dusty2 wrote:There are a couple of used ones on ebay and adorama has a well used one for $159
I know, I was simply trying to find a faster way to get my hands on one. I was hoping someone had one and was willing to trade for a Nikon D40 or Nautilus Lifeline or...

No big deal. I will figure something out. Thanks for the response though :-)
Scuba Scott
Aquaphile

Post by Scuba Scott »

My G-10 needs repair. I just upgraded to the G-15. I would loan it out if you get it fixed. Screen does not display any image. Camera takes good pictures, but you just can't view them from camera.
Life can be short and dives even shorter. Time off work will put it all in perspective.

http://www.waterproofdecks.blogspot.com
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Scuba Scott wrote:My G-10 needs repair. I just upgraded to the G-15. I would loan it out if you get it fixed. Screen does not display any image. Camera takes good pictures, but you just can't view them from camera.
There are several outfits that advertize on ebay that will fix that at a reasonable cost. Canon does repairs for a flat fee also but they are VERY slow. Some of the ones on ebay will sell you the lcd and give you instruction on how to change it. i did that with one of mine and it worked fine.
UnderwaterEncounters
Frequent Bubbler

Post by UnderwaterEncounters »

I have a used G10 that isn't being used now. Right now it seems to work, but there was a period to time where the lens wouldn't come in/out when the camera was turned on/off. It would randomly get stuck in one position or the other. It seems to have resolved itself and work now, but I don't know why it started working again so it could take a turn for the worst at any time. pm me if you are interested in rolling the dice with it while you are waiting.