Last WWW dives before the end of the world!!! - 12/19/12

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mortuus
Amphibian

Last WWW dives before the end of the world!!! - 12/19/12

Post by Mortuus »

THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO DIVE AT WWW BEFORE THE APOCALYPSE........

.......okay, probably not, but you should still come on down and join us for diving and food, because it's sure to be a great time nonetheless! :burntchef:

In case you dont know what this is, here is a link with an explanation: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17214#p199333

In short, this is a weekly event hosted by GUE Seattle, but this event is open to ANY diver who wants to come out and dive with us, regardless of skill, background, etc. Yes, that means we do not require you to drink any kool-aid whether it be metaphorical or otherwise!
Need a "big buddy" diver? We will hook you up. We have many active recreational, technical, and cave divers who frequent these events and they are a great place to pick up extra diving knowledge! Additionally, if you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it be a camera, bp/w, argon system, doubles, jet fins, canister light, undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask.

Dive times are as follows:

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5 splash
Dive 2 - 6:30 to 7 splash

Those are the splash times, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. If you need last minute tank fills, 5th Dimension is located right on Harbor Ave--only a 2 minute drive from the site!

The dives will both be held at Seacrest Cove 2 located right next to Marination at Seacrest Park on Harbor Ave on Alki. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/eNMW7

Come on down and join us for diving! We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards. Lately it has been at Marination (modern Indo-Pacific), but we are also known to go to The Matador ("upscale" Mexican food) or Luna Park (50's style diner). So bring an empty stomach and a fresh liver!
JayO
Avid Diver

Re: Last WWW dives before the end of the world!!! - 12/19/12

Post by JayO »

2nd for sure. 1st is a good chance.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

It's on my schedule, and I'm bringing the NON leaking dry suit this time :) I'll be single-tanking, kicking, and carrying a camera. Happy to dive with new folks.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

You won't be needing that scooter/reg set/can light/boat/etc. when the world ends, so y'all please feel free to drop off your awesome dive gear at my house after the dive! :burntchef:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Penopolypants wrote:You won't be needing that scooter/reg set/can light/boat/etc. when the world ends, so y'all please feel free to drop off your awesome dive gear at my house after the dive! :burntchef:
If I decline, is there a banhammer in my future? =P
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Mortuus wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:You won't be needing that scooter/reg set/can light/boat/etc. when the world ends, so y'all please feel free to drop off your awesome dive gear at my house after the dive! :burntchef:
If I decline, is there a banhammer in my future? =P
Hah! If the world ends, we'll all get the banhammer!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Maxtrax
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Maxtrax »

In for dive 2, and dive 3 at marination or any other fine establishment serving drinks of the alcoholic variety. Iffy whether I can make it in time for dive 1 but will give it a shot.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Im for sure there for dive 2!

maybe dive 3 (into a beer) too!
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I have to say that, if it is snowing this afternoon, I will stay home. Not because I'm afraid to dive in the snow -- but I'm afraid of Seattle drivers in it!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Just spent two hours out in the wind and the freezing rain, at the barn with my horse. That's enough of today's weather for me. Have fun, guys!
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

LCF wrote:Just spent two hours out in the wind and the freezing rain, at the barn with my horse. That's enough of today's weather for me. Have fun, guys!
That's just inappropriate. Go get warm.

D