Matty Rocks the Dubs!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Matty Rocks the Dubs!

Post by Paulicarp »

Six months ago TheFev was a Hawaii resort cert diver thinking he might like to dive in the cold water back home. Three months ago he was sipping the kool aid. Now he's discovered how to cook it down and smoke it in a pipe!
Today was his first dive with double 100's and...well, the video speaks for itself. TheFev made a very comfortable transition to dubs at the T-dock and I was glad to be a part of his trial run. One solid hour of bottom time and we saw all the sights. Great job Matt!

http://vimeo.com/59324124
coulterboy
Amphibian

Re: Matty Rocks the Dubs!

Post by coulterboy »

I like the matching colors on the regs and the inflator hose. :supz:
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Back kick even! Nicely done!

Paul, I think you got better video out of that camera than I normally do!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Nice job!
thefeve
Compulsive Diver

Post by thefeve »

Thanks for all the coaching and help getting the dubs sorted out Paul! Can't say enough how appreciative I am of you and NWbrewer for all the mentoring of a newbie:) been a ton of fun and look forward to more!

I clearly have a lot of work to do still on my kicks and skills, but have to say I really liked the way the dubs felt today. I think I'm going to like em more and more as I get more used to it:)

Thanks for the vid Paul!
I think you've figured out the root cause of your problems. Even sea lions get annoyed by splitfin divers silting out their dive sites. Switch back to your jets and you'll be safe from the sea lion silt prevention patrol from now on. - NWbrewer