WWW - 4/24/13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mortuus
Amphibian

WWW - 4/24/13

Post by Mortuus »

Same time(s), same place!

Dive 1 - 4:30

Dive 2 - 6:30

Dive 3 - :partyman:

If you are a new/inexperienced diver, and you need a "big buddy" (or if you just want one), just ask, and we will gladly pair you up with someone. This is also a great place to try out new pieces of gear! As PNW divers, we are naturally inclined to have a gear fetish. If there are any pieces of equipment you are looking to try out (doubles, scooter, canister light, etc), just say the word, and it can be arranged.

See you there!
derekcs
Perma Narc'd

Re: WWW - 4/24/13

Post by derekcs »

Looking at past threads, this is at Cove 2? I can make it for Dive 2.
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Yup, Cove 2 indeed!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I'm IN for dive 2 at Cove 2.

Hope viz improved over last week, but with all the rain, probably not..

see ya'll there!
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
JayO
Avid Diver

Post by JayO »

I'm in for dive #1 for sure.
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Post by aadolfi »

I'll be there for dive 2......and 3!
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
kiwi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kiwi »

In for 2 and 3, Maybe for #1
Lobotomy
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Lobotomy »

I'd like to get my feet wet in the northwest. I've done 30 warm water dives but have never taken a dip in my home waters. It would be my first cold water dive. I started looking for gear this week but will likely be renting gear (wetsuit - brrrr). Is anyone up to being my buddy for my first pacific northwest dive? Thanks
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Lobotomy wrote:I'd like to get my feet wet in the northwest. I've done 30 warm water dives but have never taken a dip in my home waters. It would be my first cold water dive. I started looking for gear this week but will likely be renting gear (wetsuit - brrrr). Is anyone up to being my buddy for my first pacific northwest dive? Thanks
I'd be happy to buddy up.. I'm in for the second dive at 6:30pm, you ?

Just a fair warning that Viz has been really really crap lately. like 2-3ft
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Tess
Avid Diver

Post by Tess »

I'll be showing up around 5:50 p.m. and not diving because I can't dive yet, but I'll be doing this instead: :joshsmith:
Lobotomy
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Lobotomy »

I'm comfortable with bad viz but don't know if it's worth the rental gear to experience it. For those that haven't been diving in Cove 2 during bad viz what will we experience? How do you keep track of your dive buddy, just stay close? Thanks
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Lobotomy wrote:I'm comfortable with bad viz but don't know if it's worth the rental gear to experience it. For those that haven't been diving in Cove 2 during bad viz what will we experience? How do you keep track of your dive buddy, just stay close? Thanks
Yup! Just stay next to each other. It's no different than bad vis anywhere else :)
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Lobotomy wrote:I'm comfortable with bad viz but don't know if it's worth the rental gear to experience it. For those that haven't been diving in Cove 2 during bad viz what will we experience? How do you keep track of your dive buddy, just stay close? Thanks
I believe bright-ass lights are fairly key
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

we hold hands, especially when jeremy is there.. he might even cuddle you while you dive :luv:

It'll be fine, we usually stay within arms reach and have pretty darn bright ocean-boiler HID lights
Lobotomy
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Lobotomy »

At least we'll be warm :). My goal is to make it to dives 1 and 2. Should be fun.

Thanks
Brent
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

FYI - I drive a grey silver chevy colorado with a GUE sticker on the back window.

Or just lookout for the biggest crowd of clowns around and that be us.

Dont be shy to just walk up and introduce yourself to the group.. bring a pigs ear to chew on for Mortuus.. :p
Lobotomy
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Lobotomy »

I will be in a black F-150 SuperCrew and have a confused look on my face :).
Lobotomy
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Lobotomy »

Change of plans. I will be there around 5:30 and go on the second dive. Thanks
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

See you there!
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

I wish I could make tonight, but can't. Planning on trying to make at least Dive 2 next week...if not dive 1 and 2 :-)
jdk06
Getting To Know Folks

Post by jdk06 »

I will be at Dive 1. This will be my first dive with the group, but not my first dive in Cove 2. See everyone there.
derekcs
Perma Narc'd

Post by derekcs »

I'll be there in a black Chevy Volt.
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram