How's it going!?

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Tony S
Getting To Know Folks

How's it going!?

Post by Tony S »

Hello everyone,
I am new to diving -- I want to do it a lot more.

I got my OW back in November, and my advanced in January. I have about 20 dives (8 in warm water, the rest in the Sound). I am pretty much solo, which makes diving very difficult, if not impossible. The wife is certified but doesn't enjoy getting wet as much as I do. I definitely would enjoy meeting a dive buddy or a good group to go out and experience more cold water around Washington State.

I look forward to diving soon!

Tony
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Re: How's it going!?

Post by Jeremy »

Hi Tony,

There are NWDC weekly dives on Mondays (Mukilteo), Wedsndays (Cove 2, Edmonds), Thursdays (Burien, Redondo), and sometimes more.

There is a NWDC Club dive next Saturday in Redondo where you will have many opportunities to meet new buddies!

Many dive shops have weekly shop dives, for example Evergreen Dive Shop dives Mukilteo every Thursday.

Marker Buoys Dive Club has lots of diving opportunities...may have to pay dues though...not sure.

Hope to see you around!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome to NWDC & the addiction Tony!

Hope to meet you at the Club Dive this Saturday!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

Hi Tony,

Well, I'm pretty well in the same boat as you, but this board is a great place to meet great people. Would love a chance to splash together. Like Jeremy said, the weekly dives are a great place to start, or just watch the dive planning... you'll get hooked up, I have no doubt. Also, if you want to do a dive, throw it up on dive planning and often you can get a bite, it seems. LOTS of us have spouses (pl. spice? ;) ) that choose for whatever reason not to dive (myself included), so fear not, you'll find folks...

Where's home? (roughly)... I'm out on the kitsap, so if you're up to a sound end splash (kitsap, tacoma, or on a weekend the Hood), I'm a likely bite if it's ability appropriate to us both (I'm only at a couple dozen dives myself, so no pro, but learning)...

Anyway, welcome aboard
OttoFocus
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by OttoFocus »

Hey Olalladiver,
Thanks for the advice -- I'll keep my eye on the weekly dive forums/dive planning.

I live in Seattle -- Greenwood/Shoreline area. I've done one dive on the Hood Canal (Sund Rock) when I was doing my advanced class. It was amazing.

I would be interested in a weekend trip to the Peninsula to do some dives; I really enjoy it over there. I will send you a message (through this site) in the next few days and maybe we can set something up in May.

Tony
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Hey Tony,

as noted, keep an eye on the planning threads. LOTS of diving going on in these parts to keep you busy almost every day of the week!

If you ever come down in seattle anywhere south of 520, give me a shout, be awesome to show new divers what we have to offer around here.

K
Last edited by kdupreez on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Welcome to the group and yes check the dive planning area and you will see that we have numerous groups that meet on a weekly basis.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**