Help Wanted. Lost GoPro in lake (Seatac). ($100 REWARD)

General banter about diving and why we love it.
davisam07
Getting To Know Folks

Help Wanted. Lost GoPro in lake (Seatac). ($100 REWARD)

Post by davisam07 »

Hi guys. I'm not a diver and I could use some help. Today I went paddle boarding with my dog and we managed to lose my GoPro camera. The lake is Angle Lake in Seatac. I know the area that I dropped it and I would guess it's about 20 feet deep there at the most. If anybody lives nearby and wants to make some money ($100) I would greatly appreciate it.

-Sammy
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Help Wanted. Lost GoPro in lake (Seatac). ($100 REWARD)

Post by Dusty2 »

I'm not all that close but if no one else closer chimes in I could check it out for you. Whats the viz looking like?
davisam07
Getting To Know Folks

Post by davisam07 »

Thanks Dusty2. Sorry for my lack of diving knowledge, but I would say visibility is not real good right now. It's a clean lake but murky. I would say I can see the bottom at a depth of about 15 feet. But yeah, Graham is pretty far away so I'll keep you posted.

Also I would pay per hour (for a couple hours) in addition to the $100 if found.
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

I lived at an apartment complex right on the lake while I was going to school for commercial diving. That lake is ugly down there. If you took markers when you dropped it, it may be easy enough to find, but it may have also sank in four feet of duck shit.

Best of luck!
D
davisam07
Getting To Know Folks

Post by davisam07 »

Just found it! Thank God.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

davisam07 wrote:Just found it! Thank God.
:joshsmith: :joshsmith:

Come on out and learn to dive! It's like no other hobby out there.
davisam07
Getting To Know Folks

Post by davisam07 »

I've always wanted to start diving! I've only been snuba diving... I might have to start looking into some classes or something.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

davisam07 wrote:I've always wanted to start diving! I've only been snuba diving... I might have to start looking into some classes or something.
Lots of good instructors here and tons of knowledge at your fingertips. a whole new world awaits!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Glad you found it!

If the person who found it is on this board -- how was the diving in the lake? Angle lake used to be one of the best snorkel spots around when I was a kid. Generally clear water and not a "duck shit" bottom at all!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

YellowEye wrote:Glad you found it!

If the person who found it is on this board -- how was the diving in the lake? Angle lake used to be one of the best snorkel spots around when I was a kid. Generally clear water and not a "duck shit" bottom at all!
Over on the Pacific Highway side, Duck Shit. Over on the I5 side, Lake weed. But that was in 2001. A lot can change in 12 years.

D
davisam07
Getting To Know Folks

Post by davisam07 »

YellowEye wrote:Glad you found it!

Once the green algae goes away the water is very clear. I snorkel all summer and dive for golf balls. Anywhere near the angle lake park is gross. I live on the opposite end around the angle and it very clean. The guy said the camera wasn't sunk in the mud at all and he could see thousands of golf balls.

But yeah, I would say it's still a great place to snorkel.