Lake Chelan twofer!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Lake Chelan twofer!

Post by Mateo1147 »

It appears as though I am going to be hosting two dives in Lake Chelan on Saturday July 6th. Nothing has been confirmed yet but I will venture to say that first dive will be at Fields Point Landing with a 10 a.m. splash. Second dive will be at the bus wreck monument with a 12-12:30 splash. Both sites are on the South shore. Right now it's Jeremy, Dillon and myself but feel free to join the fun! :supz:
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!
Nwcid
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Lake Chelan twofer!

Post by Nwcid »

Can you give more details on the sites? What to see? Depths? Stuff like that.

Thanks
John

Check out my site, http://scubadivesites.webs.com/
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

:supz:

I'll be there!! Totally looking forward to it :)
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

See ya there!
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Any crocodiles there?
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

Its typical inland lake diving although the viz is usually 60 feet plus. A few fish and asorted "treasure" to find. The first site will be diving on a couple of wrecked sheep boats. Think 40 foot long canoe. Max depth first dive of 100 ffw. Second dive is on a steep underwater slope that turns into a 100' tall wall. The only highlight of the second dive is a mid fifties Ford four door car that will be in 114 ffw. Yes, that puts the second dive deeper. If the consensus of the group is to reverse the two dives it is entirely acceptable. We can also splash earlier but that makes the coasties get up at the butt crack of dawn. :penelope:
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

There are no alligators in lake Chelan. Big lake trout and Burbot but no alligators.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

I subscribe to the theory of bubble crushing. The dive order you have is fine with me.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Mateo1147 wrote:There are no alligators in lake Chelan. Big lake trout and Burbot but no alligators.
they said that about Lake Washington too :)
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Mateo1147 wrote:There are no alligators in lake Chelan. Big lake trout and Burbot but no alligators.
I have it on good authority (from a really drunk guy sitting on the barstool next to me at "My Buddy's Place" in Manson, that "Thurs big stuff in thur wi teef thas huge! I seen it, boy!"

So, dive at your own risk, and don't say you weren't warned. That guy ASSURED me he knew what he was talking about.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

I'm intrigued at this idea.... Folks doing these dives on doubles or just using singles? Sadly finances only have me with AL80s so at the depths proposed Im thinking both would be bounce dives for the most part for me....
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Contemplating on joining with you guys just to silt the bottom. :boxer: Don't know if I can find a hotel/motel though this late for Saturday, cause I'm thinking of bringing my family if I go to Chelan.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

coulterboy wrote:Contemplating on joining with you guys just to silt the bottom. :boxer: Don't know if I can find a hotel/motel though this late for Saturday, cause I'm thinking of bringing my family if I go to Chelan.
If you search in Wenatchee you should find something reasonable. Spend the day in Chelan and then head to Wenatchee. Its only 40 minutes of so......
If you wanted to camp out you can stay in my yard and still have a hot shower.
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

Joshua Smith wrote:
I have it on good authority (from a really drunk guy sitting on the barstool next to me at "My Buddy's Place" in Manson, that "Thurs big stuff in thur wi teef thas huge! I seen it, boy!"

So, dive at your own risk, and don't say you weren't warned. That guy ASSURED me he knew what he was talking about.
Growing up in Wenatchee I heard these same stories. I haven't seen anything that big yet but it also wouldn't surprise me either.
Have you tried the beer at the new brewery there in Manson yet? I was working at Manson Growers this spring and sampled their beer. Pretty good. They are East of My Buddies Place on main street.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Mateo1147 wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:

Growing up in Wenatchee I heard these same stories. I haven't seen anything that big yet but it also wouldn't surprise me either.
Have you tried the beer at the new brewery there in Manson yet? I was working at Manson Growers this spring and sampled their beer. Pretty good. They are East of My Buddies Place on main street.
I'm pretty sure there's a bar like Buddy's next to every lake of any size in the world, and I'm equally sure that there's a similar drunk guy sitting at every one of those bars with a similar story- the Loch Ness Monster is the most famous of those, of course.

Chelan is a big, deep, lake, though- and we are in the land of sasquatch. So, who knows? :blackblink:

Sadly, a very good friend of mine was living and working in Manson when I came over to visit him a few years back, but he died in a motorcycle crash. So I haven't been back since, but I did have one very memorable weekend there with him. Great town, I liked it a lot.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
g&d0221
Just Settling In

Post by g&d0221 »

I just dove chelan a couple weeks ago. Vis was 60ft plus. Not much to really see other than a bunch of garbage and trees and what not. Growing up in chelan i have always wanted to dive there. Josh sorry about your friend i believe i know who you are referring to. Have fun diving in the beautiful lake.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

60+ ft viz....?

This is going to be awesome!!
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Booked a hotel in Wenatchee. There's going to be at least 4 of us diving.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I am SO bummed I won't be able to make this. Mateo, would you host again? I've heard there is really lovely structure in Chelan, and clear water. I make two or three trips over the mountains a month.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

Anytime, year around. If you have advance notice try to give me a couple weeks heads up incase I'm working out of town.