Anyone drive a jeep?

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Anyone drive a jeep?

Post by Emilyrc »

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my VW Jetta wagon. But I'm passively looking for something a little more... Uh.. Outdoorsie-friendly. The newish Wrangler Sport is catching my eye, mostly because it's obnoxiously green (my favorite color if you haven't seen my dive gear.

I'm just curious how it holds up to saltwater. The carpet in my VW is unhappy, but I have learned to shopvac it if it gets really wet. The spare tire compartment is all plastic, so there's not much of a rust problem.. So far.

On another note, what is your dive vehicle? (Nwcid, you don't count). OR what's your DREAM dive vehicle? :popcorn: :smt064
thefeve
Compulsive Diver

Re: Anyone drive a jeep?

Post by thefeve »

I have a Chevy Colorado with a canopy. It works great, but on the small side. I'd say a sprinter van is my dream do-all vehicle .... Biking, diving and camping... Would be pretty epic. Far, far out if my price range for the near future though...
I think you've figured out the root cause of your problems. Even sea lions get annoyed by splitfin divers silting out their dive sites. Switch back to your jets and you'll be safe from the sea lion silt prevention patrol from now on. - NWbrewer
Furnari
Aquaphile

Post by Furnari »

I've got a 4 door Wrangler, and I love it. Right now it's sitting in the parking lot at work but all 4 doors and the back part of the hard top are collecting cobwebs at home. It can comfortably scuba drive 2, and 3 in a pinch. 4 is theoretically possible but would really be pushing it. I try not to let too much salt water drip inside, but the carpets are removable. You can have bedliner applied if it's that much of a concern- haven't got around to that yet. I've had it for 5 years and almost 90k miles and it's been pretty reliable. This is very important: if you get one, you have to wave at other CJs and Wranglers.
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

Drove a Wrangler for while and REALLY miss it. Remove the back seats and would be just enough room for dive gear.

I do plan on getting another one, but just got my RAM so it will be awhile.
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Oh good! The thread title scared me for a second. I thought I might be in trouble for something. And certainly not because I drive like a maniac or anything....or because I have a NWDC sticker on my Jeep.... :smt064
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

Screw it. I want this.
Attachments
photo0163.jpg