this would make yah need to wash yer suit...

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
thefeve
Compulsive Diver

this would make yah need to wash yer suit...

Post by thefeve »

I think you've figured out the root cause of your problems. Even sea lions get annoyed by splitfin divers silting out their dive sites. Switch back to your jets and you'll be safe from the sea lion silt prevention patrol from now on. - NWbrewer
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Re: this would make yah need to wash yer suit...

Post by Bric Martin »

Awesome!
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

I would need a new undergarment after that
jeffgerritsen
Dive-aholic

Post by jeffgerritsen »

I think the whales were just playing with the divers, but none the less, if it were me I'd need a new undergarment :eek:
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Everyone knows divers taste like chicken and I am sure they would have been spit out anyways, but how would DAN help you on that one. Call DAN and ask " is being swallowed by a whale covered?" I was diving at the time it happened. :rofl: :rofl:
Jeff Castor
jeffgerritsen
Dive-aholic

Post by jeffgerritsen »

Well, then one could change their name to Jonah for real!
pogiguy05 wrote:Everyone knows divers taste like chicken and I am sure they would have been spit out anyways, but how would DAN help you on that one. Call DAN and ask " is being swallowed by a whale covered?" I was diving at the time it happened. :rofl: :rofl:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Wow... this video brought back memories. Having watched the same spectacle in SE Alaska very closely from a boat I was in, that was a scary video to watch.

I was in a small boat (16') waiting with my camera for the feeding bubble netting humpbacks that we had been following to surface - the ring of air bubbles started forming and our boat was IN the ring... we slammed it into reverse and backed out seconds before the whales surfaced - right where we had been seconds earlier. I have a pretty awesome picture of one whale surfacing (there were two, but we were so close that only one fit in my viewfinder, not zoomed).

The whales did not deviate even slightly, and our engine noise did not scare or distract them in the least. And we were a boat, not a pair of floating snorkelers.

When the whales are feeding (bubble netting for schools of herring) they would NOT have avoided the snorkeler / divers... Those guys were insanely lucky.

A 20 ton animal will hurt you even when not intentional. Not sure if this is very cool or incredibly stupid or, probably, both.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman