New to Tacoma

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
davita
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New to Tacoma

Post by davita »

Hello everyone, I just moved into the area and am looking for some info on the diving in the area. I'm Rescue certified with PADI and Deco/Adv Nitrox with TDI. Any info on clubs, tech diving or sites would be appreciated. Looking forward to diving with you.

Tony
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Re: New to Tacoma

Post by Jeff Pack »

The Marker Buoys are the most active dive club in the area with club dives every weekend and many during the week as well.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

check in with Josh at Tacoma Scuba. He can give the scoop on the area and point you in the right direction to hook up with people in the area. Also check the dive planing thread for the th th th tread. they do Thursday evenings in the south sound and always welcome new people.
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

Hi,

I usually do 1-2 dives per week in the evenings (6:30 to 7:30 splash times) with a friend or two in the Tacoma area.

You're welcome to join us.

Tim
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! We have weekly dives all around the Sound. The closest to you would probably be the Thursday South Sound dives (Th Th Th), usually at Three Tree or Redondo. We also have Wacky Wednesday West dives (WWW)at Alki, Bubbles and Suds on Wednesdays, and Monday Mukilteo Madness(MMM) on Mondays if you want to head that far north. All are welcome! Keep your eye on the dive planning section for what's coming up that week:

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewforum.php?f=3

We are also having a club dive/bbq on Saturday September 28th, you are welcome to come down and meet some folks!

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21516
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

+1 on the ThThTh folks... Great people and fun to be around. I'd wager you won't be disappointed and I'm not a betting man.

Welcome to the board.