Newbie in Vantuckey

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Ferninster
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Newbie in Vantuckey

Post by Ferninster »

I am going on vacation to Maui in December. While there, I am going to get OW certified. My GF is certified, but hasn't dived since 2000. She will be getting a refresher and a couple of dives with me on my boat dives (Molokini Crater!).

I am interested in PNW diving, and especially spearfishing & crabbing. I have access to a 16' aluminum boat w/ a 25hp Honda outboard. My brother is also certified (ex-Navy S&R swimmer) and will probably be interested in going on some dives.

I'd like to find an experienced buddy / group to go out with and get some fish/crustaceans.

What do you say?
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Newbie in Vantuckey

Post by Norris »

OK I am in!
Hey tell us what area in the PNW you live in, where area you are likely to want to dive, what day/nights are good for you.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Paladin4Christ
Aquaphile

Post by Paladin4Christ »

Correct me if I'm wrong but....
doesn't the person with the least amount of dives have to clean all crab and fish harvested?

:burntchef: :burntchef: :burntchef:

Welcome. Where are you based out of?
Ferninster
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Ferninster »

Sorry if I wasn't clear; Vancouver, WA.

BTW, Oregon or Washington fishing/crustacean license. I haven't done any fishing in the area but I've done crabbing/clamming in both.