Yeeeeha! Nailer's goin' DRY!

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Yeeeeha! Nailer's goin' DRY!

Post by Joshua Smith »

I just ordered me a USIA Drysuit over at Seattle UWS, and picked up 2 steel 119's with it! I won't have the suit for 2-3 weeks, but I'm giddy from buying real grown-up scuba gear!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

must be nice to bew makeing all them big $$$$

I want a USIA Dry Suit so bad but is just not inmy budget right now Damn it

I have 2 steal 119 and would not take any thing for them they are grate
I can get just over a hour out of them on some dives I do

Enjoy and I would keep a real close eye on that dry suit when we do the
BBQ dive I may just have figured out a way for me to get me a USIA Dry Suit after all. LOL

Hope you like it keep me posted on service and how you like it if you would

Congrats on your Advanced Open Water to BRO

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Thanks, Sparky! I will let you touch the drysuit, but not with both hands at the same time! And stay away from my food and drink at the BBQ, please! Also- I plan on sleeping in it, so don't get any ideas!

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

shoot there goes that idea

oh well you cant shoot a guy for trying well you could but that just wont be fare.

Hope you enjoy the drysuit and tanks

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I would hate to think of what I would look like in the morning if I slept in my dry suit. Although my wife might not think it's a bad idea for those long nights of un-intentional off-gassing.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

BASSMAN would have his own built-in Argon bottle :laughing3:

That's awesome Nailer, wow that was quick. You weren't kidding when you said you were working extra hard on the weekends. So, are you going to take the tanks on their maiden voyage tomorrow?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Thanks! Yeah, I've been burning the candle at both ends. And yes, my new tanks will be with me, but I'm probably looking at 3 weeks for my suit ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) but I'll just have to be patient ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

They're shipping it on Monday! I should have it by Wednesday! :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: \:D/ :prayer: :partyman: :supz:

DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Thats sweet man dry suits are the way to go around here. :supz:
Who run barter town?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

You know- I really don't mind diving wet at all, but I hate peeling the slimy thing off when I'm done. I think I'm gonna buy a wetsuit as well, so I have the option.

DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Ive got a feeling that your opinion will change once you go dry..
Who run barter town?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Actually it's a good thing your suit took this long. You'll have a much better time getting to know it now that you have your buoyancy down. =D>
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

UWS just called me- it's here! Now all I have to do is fake a seizure or something so I can leave work early! :vom: :axe:

sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Nailer99 wrote:UWS just called me- it's here! Now all I have to do is fake a seizure or something so I can leave work early! :vom: :axe:
Hey bro you dont look well maybe you should go home right now
and on the way could you stop and pick up my new dry suite from UWS

tighr that means yuo wil be diving this weekend in your new dry suite
See you then

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Its gonna be close if it will be done in time. I might be able to bring it down myself it looks like that shutdown MIGHT not happen till the following weekend. If I come down it will only be for the day though. I gotta try nailers enchiladas :supz: Will see how it goes But either way I should be able to have it there.. :salute:
Who run barter town?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

DiverDown wrote:Its gonna be close if it will be done in time. I might be able to bring it down myself it looks like that shutdown MIGHT not happen till the following weekend. If I come down it will only be for the day though. I gotta try nailers enchiladas :supz: Will see how it goes But either way I should be able to have it there.. :salute:
LOL Scott your to funny bro I am talking to Nailer about his new suit Ihim and I have this running gag where I am going to steal he new dry suite at the BBQ LOL

but thanks bro im stoked for the chance to try that one out

SPARKY
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Jason
Who run barter town?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

my bad:
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

It's here! This thing is sweeeeeet! I gotta stretch out the seals before I trim 'em. The wrist seals seem fine as is. I have skinny wrists, but my head is large and round (Overinflated ego, I assume). So I want to get this just right. It's supposed to be just loose enough that I don't pass out and die, but still so tight that I FEEL like I'm ABOUT to pass out and die, right?

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Hmmm. They told me at the shop to stretch the neck seal out on a tank, but I'm scared to try it on my 119's....does anyone think it's a bad idea? Right now, I found some bucket-thing in the kitchen that it's stretched out over that seemed like a good start, but I think it was a wedding present, and the wife might object to it's current use....I guess my tank is roughly the same diameter as my melon, but I haven't trimmed the seal yet- I'm scared of tearing the damn thing. :pale:

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I say it's a bad idea to stretch over your 119, both because it's too wide and also because it's a pretty rough surface. Lots of people use coffee cans. I didn't stretch my latex seal either time. It should be just loose enough that you don't turn blue, but tight so that normal stretching doesn't make it too loose. Also, it feels a lot better once you get in the water.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

If you have access to an al80 thats the ideal size tank..
Last edited by DiverDown on Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who run barter town?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Got it. Thanks, guys! Hey- about weighting- do I need to increase or decrease my weights? Is this thing more, or less, buoyant than my 7mm? I realize that it's a variable, depnding on depth and volume of air, etc, but is there a rule of thumb? I should go dig up my manual and look it up- and I will, but what do you all know about it, diving locally?

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Depends on your undergarment, but I'd say quite a bit less to begin with. You'll find out soon enough :smt064
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Nailer99 wrote:Hmmm. They told me at the shop to stretch the neck seal out on a tank, but I'm scared to try it on my 119's....does anyone think it's a bad idea? Right now, I found some bucket-thing in the kitchen that it's stretched out over that seemed like a good start, but I think it was a wedding present, and the wife might object to it's current use....I guess my tank is roughly the same diameter as my melon, but I haven't trimmed the seal yet- I'm scared of tearing the damn thing. :pale:
Well bro tell you what im going to do for you
ill take the thing out for some test dives for you and streach out all the seals for you then Ill let you know when they are all lose and then you can try it out.
Hows that work for you?

sorry I cant be of help I have not yet had to deal with a dry suit but
if all works out this weekend that should change
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man