Wacky Wednesday West - 1/8/2014

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Bex
Frequent Bubbler

Wacky Wednesday West - 1/8/2014

Post by Bex »

It's the first official Tweak of 2014!!!! Come on down on Wednesday and bring all the new toys that Santa brought for you. There are rumors that a few scooters will be there....

For those that don't know, this is a weekly event hosted by GUE Seattle, and is open to ANY diver who wants to come out and dive, regardless of skill, background, etc. It is a great chance to meet others in the community, dive with some outstanding divers and try new equipment, skills and techniques.

Need a buddy? No Problem! We will hook you up. We have many active recreational, technical, and cave divers as well as instructors and dive masters who frequent these events and they are a great place to pick up extra diving knowledge. Additionally, if you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it be a back plate and wing, argon system, doubles, jet fins, canister light, undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask.

Dive times are as follows:

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5 splash (attendance tends to be low for the first dive in the winter months so be sure to post here and confirm a buddy before you show up)
Dive 2 - 6:00 to 6:30 splash

Those are the splash times, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. If you need last minute tank fills, 5th Dimension is located right on Harbor Ave--only a 2 minute drive from the site.

The dives will both be held at Seacrest Cove 2 located right next to Marination at Seacrest Park on Harbor Ave on Alki. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/eNMW7

Come on down and join us for diving! We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards (also known as Dive 3). Both Marination and the W Seattle Matador are frequent post dive destinations.

If you have additional questions feel free to drop me or aadolfi (Alex) a PM here on the board. Both Alex and I will be there this week for the second dive at 6pm, look for the Red Dodge Truck w/Canopy. If you are showing up for dive 1 and need a buddy, make sure you coordinate with someone to ensure there will be another diver to join you.

Hope you make it out this Wednesday!
Bex and Alex
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Re: Wacky Wednesday West - 1/8/2014

Post by kdupreez »

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Erik.Elzinga
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Erik.Elzinga »

I am joining for dive 1
Micah
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Micah »

I will try and make it out for dive 2 if I can get off work early.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'm actually coming early and doing a dive with a new buddy at 2; I'll bring enough gas if I can to dive at 4 as well. I won't make a later dive . . . the water's too darned cold to do three in a day.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Goodt_godiving
Aquaphile

Post by Goodt_godiving »

Yep LCF has graciously agreed to dive with me! I am trying to make the TWEAK dive as well after our 2 PM dive but TBD at this point. If not this week then VERY soon as I would like to find some new skills and buddies! I do not have DIR gear but have some of it. I am working with a new backplate and wing and as such my buoyancy is feeling like I am a brand new diver again HA! It's a "work in progress" says LCF.... tee hee hee. Tonight at Muk was a WAY better dive on my wing. That was my 8th dive on it so it's still pretty new. See you all tomorrow at least if just to say HI. :)
Janney
Micah
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Micah »

Work schedule changed, looks like I won't be able to make it....
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

That was one HIGHLY MOTIVATED crew that showed up for diving tonight! Janney and I did our dive at 2 -- actually, more like 3, by the time I went and borrowed wet gloves from Mark at 5thD -- and got out to a raging downpour and HAIL. And a parking lot full of WWW divers, who were dealing with the elements much better than I was at that point!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Goodt_godiving
Aquaphile

Post by Goodt_godiving »

Yes crazy weather and I almost called my 2nd dive but I braved and SO glad I did! By the time we were gearing up the rain had almost ceased and we had a fabulous dive. We dove with 1 seal almost the entire dive and 3 at times. What a great dive site! Thanks Lynne for diving with me tonight. It was a blast! I've got work to do but I will keep at it :)