Thaw Out Frozen Gills in Warm Water

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Thaw Out Frozen Gills in Warm Water

Post by Tangfish »

It's great to see some warm water dive trips being planned and carried out by some NWDCers: Dumaguete, Philippines (by LCF), and Lembeh Strait/Bunaken (by Krake).

I've been diving extensively in both areas and they are absolutely fantastic, for critters, unspoiled reef, fish and visibility.

Besides that I've seen NWDC members make trips to Bonaire and Curacao lately, as well as Hawaii, and trips planned to the Yucatan Peninsula, Costa Rica and Florida.

Awhile back I posed a question about whether we should try to put together some NWDC Dive Trips (in addition to the great ones our individual members have put together through shops and ad hoc groups who pull it together). Seemed like some of you were keen on doing something in the Philippines, which I agree is fantastic diving and great value all in one. The purpose of doing an annual NWDC trip or two would be to get everyone out diving and experiencing new places together, and in doing so leveraging our numbers to keep costs down.

Let's keep this conversation going, and save some of those scuba units for some dive travel. We all probably have quite a bit of gear already :pirate:

I'm going back to Raja Ampat this Sunday to test out a new camera configuration, and I can't wait :taco:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Thaw Out Frozen Gills in Warm Water

Post by Tom Nic »

Tangfish wrote:I'm going back to Raja Ampat this Sunday to test out a new camera configuration, and I can't wait :taco:
I hate you.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman