Hello from The Rose City

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Trailboss
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hello from The Rose City

Post by Trailboss »

My name is Greg and new to NWDive Club. I live in Portland and typically go up to Hood Canal once a month for a weekend of diving (minimum)- I am looking for dive buddies to share the experience and dive safely. I currently have lots of Portland friends who dive but seem to limit their NW diving to instruction and not fun diving. Will be up in Hoodsport this Sunday 3/16 to get a few dives in if anyone is interested. Open to location. Thanks!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Hello from The Rose City

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! We have a number of Portlandians who head north to dive, as well as many South Sounders who head over to Hood Canal on a regular basis. Hopefully you can hook up with one of them.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
ratfishlvr
Avid Diver

Post by ratfishlvr »

Hey Greg..
Welcome. I am near Hood Canal and would like to meet up with you one weekend. I did Sund Rock last weekend and it was awesome! I can't go this weekend as I am actually going to Oregon to watch the whale migration (I hope). But hit me up and let's plan another weekend. private messages will get a quicker response.
Garrett :supz:
thechadmiller
Frequent Bubbler

Post by thechadmiller »

Hey there. I'm in Portland and generally have a pretty flexible schedule. Weekday dives are easiest for me, but with a few days notice I can usually sort something out.
jeffgerritsen
Dive-aholic

Post by jeffgerritsen »

I can be bribed to dive at Sund rock at least once a month. :supz: PM me when your next dive after the 16th.
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

I'm going to keep that in mind. I travel frequently to Portland and am always at a loss of finding buddies. I want to discover some Portland diving if someone will show me. :-D
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

archisgore wrote:I'm going to keep that in mind. I travel frequently to Portland and am always at a loss of finding buddies. I want to discover some Portland diving if someone will show me. :-D
The only diving we do in Portland is into pints of beer. :partyman: Happy to show you those "dive" sites. :mmmbeer:
RenaB
Aquaphile

Post by RenaB »

Amen, no diving that I am aware of here. :)
Rena

Drink water, breathe air. Never get these mixed up.
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

How about we start some then? There's that huge Colombia River meeting the Ocean. I'd love to identify a couple of safe sites.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

archisgore wrote:How about we start some then? There's that huge Colombia River meeting the Ocean. I'd love to identify a couple of safe sites.
Uh, are you suggesting diving the Columbia Bar? :nutty:
RenaB
Aquaphile

Post by RenaB »

Well, you have stated one of those what are they called two words next to each other that aren't compatable? Columbia river meets the ocen then safe site. I don't think that goes together. :smt064
Rena

Drink water, breathe air. Never get these mixed up.