Absolute Newbie

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
loralyn
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Absolute Newbie

Post by loralyn »

Greetings! I certified yesterday with SDI Open Water and Nitrox. I am looking for dive buddies that are comfortable with a complete noob. I live in south King County. Not sure what dive sites are close, but am willing to travel from Olympia to Seattle. I have some gear and am borrowing some gear. Comfortable in cold water. I still do not have neutral buoyancy down, nor a smooth kick pattern. I want to see it all :).
Loralyn
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Re: Absolute Newbie

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

Welcome to the board. Pm sent about diving
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Congratulations on your certification! We have weekly dives all over the the Sound that you are more than welcome to join. All skill levels are welcome and they can set you up with a buddy if needed. Keep your eye on the dive planning section here: http://nwdiveclub.com/viewforum.php?f=3

The Thursday South Sound group or Wednesday's WWW group at Alki would probably be the closest for you. We'll also be having a Saturday club dive/bbq in a few weeks.

Welcome to the board!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Welcome to NWDC!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Welcome to the group!!!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome Loralyn, and hurrah for newbies!!

Congrats on your certification. If you are willing to go South about check out the Thursday Crew (ThThTh?!) in the dive planning sections. They dive most Thursdays and usually welcome new divers - Redondo and Three Tree are their normal hangouts.

...and there are other groups where you would be welcome as well who will no doubt chime in.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

Welcome! I was there once too - not having a full complement of gear and not knowing buddies. That'll change in < 2 months I bet. Come summer and you'll know the whole community!
loralyn
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by loralyn »

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting involved in the greater dive community.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Might I suggest the club dive?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**