Any dives going on Sunday?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Any dives going on Sunday?

Post by McGlencoe »

Hi all, it's been too many months since I've been in the water, soooo time to get back at it and curious if anyone is diving on Sunday?

Titlow, Sunnyside, Redondo, anything Redondo and south.

Or maybe a quick burn up to Pt. Townsend and convince 60South or Dusty to join in…. :partydance:
bike_reck_ben
Just Settling In

Re: Any dives going on Sunday?

Post by bike_reck_ben »

I'd love to. Do you know the sites well? I've only been to Illahee and Alki so I'd prefer a place that you're comfortable with.
Don't tempt me with a good time. I may just take you up on that offer.
mjbickford
Frequent Bubbler

Post by mjbickford »

Im right across from Pt. Townsend @ keystone. I was thinking about the ranger... haven't checked the currets yet. Im scared it will be silty.
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

bike_reck_ben wrote:I'd love to. Do you know the sites well? I've only been to Illahee and Alki so I'd prefer a place that you're comfortable with.

Titow and Sunnyside are both easy dives as long as the current is good. Titlow has a bunch of old dock pilings and is pretty cool and not very deep. Sunnyside is a sandy barren bottom until you get to the pipeline, which is pretty cool to follow out. They say it goes out 100'+, we've followed it out to 60'. Lot's of stuff to look at.

I've been to Redondo 3-4 times and the map is available online, fun dive, pretty much all man-made features to draw the critters in. Lots of cool stuff and you can choose the shallow or deep line depending on how adventurous you are.
Last edited by McGlencoe on Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

mjbickford wrote:Im right across from Pt. Townsend @ keystone. I was thinking about the ranger... haven't checked the currets yet. Im scared it will be silty.
Last time we dove the Ranger, viz was 3-4', made for a miserable dive… LoL!

Slack is at 12:30, it looks like there will be a big exchange on the incoming flood.

Pt. Hudson along the breakwater down to the barge and bottle hunting the waterfront are my fav dives up there. I put a text out to another member up there to see if he is around for a dive on Sunday, let's see if we can get a few people together.
Attachments
tide.2473.png
bike_reck_ben
Just Settling In

Post by bike_reck_ben »

I'm game for any of those. I think I'd prefer Titow or Sunnyside over Redondo and Pt Hudson over all three if we can get in the water at slack. I'm diving with nitrox 34 so my mod is 103 feet.
mjbickford
Frequent Bubbler

Post by mjbickford »

Im game for pt. Hudson.

I have never been there, so i defer to your expertise.
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

I'd love to dive Pt. Hudson., but it might be pretty dicey with the big flood exchange. Need to talk with someone who knows the currents a bit better.

On those big flood exchanges, we've always went for bottle hunts on the waterfront. Found a few old bottle, china plates and even an old ink well on our last dive there. I would say we need to get into the water a good hour before slack, don't think we want to mess with that flood.
mjbickford
Frequent Bubbler

Post by mjbickford »

Well, just about everywhere is going to be heavy flow furring mid day...

Im not familiar with the area to point to a low current dive.
Mukilteo is pretty tame, but access on a weekend is a bear.
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

There's always the 5:25 AM slack! that looks pretty mellow! :popcorn:

The Ranger is not current sensitive, so that's diveable, there is also the Comet tug in Hadlock, another shallow dive where viz can either be decent or crap.
bike_reck_ben
Just Settling In

Post by bike_reck_ben »

Just let me know when and where. I'm coming from Bremerton and have room for two more divers in my car if someone wants a ride.
mjbickford
Frequent Bubbler

Post by mjbickford »

Im going to evergreen to pick up a reg today. Ill poke them for info on sites. And ill call octopus gardens for a viz report.
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

SWEET…. Just got off the phone with Jesse at Octopus Gardens, the PT. Townsend dive shop (real good guys over there!); he says we'll be fine if we hit the water before slack. :partydance:

So if you guys want to meet up at 11:30 at the NW Maritime center, we can get a dive in. No late shows though, we need to be in the water by 12:15 at the latest.

Northwest Maritime Center
431 Water St, Port Townsend, WA 98368

Pull into the gravel parking lot next to the boat launch, unload onto the steps and then park out in the street.

We could also hit lunch afterwards, have a nice surface interval and then dive the Ranger during the flood for a second dive. Jesse did say it is starting to get green out there, so viz would be 10'~ at Pt. Hudson, so I would guess a bit tighter over at the Ranger, though flood will bring in a bunch of new water.

Octopus Gardens has air fills and are open 11am to 5 pm.

PM your phone #s and we can start texting details.
mjbickford
Frequent Bubbler

Post by mjbickford »

Ill be hitting OG at 11 for a fill.
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

Looking forward to diving with both of you tomorrow!

Tim
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

Ben and I have a good dive on Pt. Hudson and no viz one on the Ranger, hope you got everything sorted with your truck Mike.