Baby Giant Pacific Octopus!!!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Baby Giant Pacific Octopus!!!

Post by ScubaJess »

Hello Divers!!!

I finally got one!!!!!!!!! Look at this beautiful new born baby Giant Pacific Octopus! She was born last night in Seattle!!!!! :joshsmith: I just love watching these babies swim around! We really have super cool smart aliens among us!!! I love Scuba Diving so much! My inner Star Trek side of seeking out new life has become a reality! It's an amazing dream come true! :eric:

Thanks soooo much to YellowEye for letting me use his camera and teaching me so much in UW photography! :notworthy: These guys are really hard to take pictures of, but you feel so rewarded after! :taco:

Happy Thursday to Everyone above & below the Sea!!

Also thanks to John Rawlings! My wheezle extreme plus kept me so warm on my 96 min dive! :pirate: And thanks to Doug @ UW sports Bellevue for the fantastic 40% Nitrox fill :)
Attachments
image.jpg
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
deep diver
Pelagic

Re: Baby Giant Pacific Octopus!!!

Post by deep diver »

:supz: :partydance: :joshsmith:
It's a good day.... nobody died!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Awesome Jess!!!
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Nice!
:)
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Adorbs!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Excellent!!!!
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

What a little cutie!!!
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
mpenders
Submariner

Post by mpenders »

Nice pic, Jess!
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

Post by KeithBoll »

Congratulations, Jess! Those little buggers just keep moving - don't they?!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

They are super tricky to photograph!! :neener: ! The camera didn't want to focus or take the picture. (The camera was taunting me) Every time it flashed was like a small victory! :pirate:
I got a few more shots last night. One baby GPO!!! :eric: One out of focus pacific stomach wing :supz: and some unknown super energetic creature. :calvin: We called him a spinner... He loved my light and was just buzzing around. Super tiny like a baby GPO size & crazy fast. The baby GPOs were just swimming up slow, this other thing was like Mighty Mouse!

It was another great adventure! Thanks again to YellowEye for teaching me so much and letting me use his camera. :notworthy: :eric: I also got to help be his lighting assistant! That was a blast. It's just soooo cool to watch those babies swim around. :partydance: :) :popcorn: :taco:
Attachments
Baby GPO
Baby GPO
Spinner Mighty Mouse fish thing?
Spinner Mighty Mouse fish thing?
Stomach Wing
Stomach Wing
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: