Fox Island West & East Walls

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Fox Island West & East Walls

Post by stphnmartin »

JPA and I dived both walls on Fox Island. Viz was on the poor side and the east wall had some swirling current. For the first dive on the west wall I setup my camera wrong and it was non-functional. Saw a couple GPOs on the west wall though and a bay pipefish swimming out in the open.

We did the upper and lower walls on the east. The lower walls were covered in the nudis pictured below. I also found the red octo on the lower ledges and managed to get it with it's eye open with video lights which is rare. The broken back shrimp was cooperative as well and the video captured it's internal organs moving and spasming.

Until I get the video together, here are a few screen caps.

Oh, we met two other divers who were going to explore the area north of the fishing pier. I forgot to ask them what's over there since I've never dived there.
red-octo.jpg
nudi.jpg
shrimp.jpg
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Fox Island West & East Walls

Post by ScubaJess »

Cool shots! What a neat shrimp!!!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Fox Island West & East Walls

Post by YellowEye »

East wall's a fun one. I haven't gone north. Only south. It was a lot of fun to explore. But its a really long drive out three for sure!

Good to hear you saw some nudis!

Looking forward to seeing the shrimp video!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!