New to NWDC, looking for a dive buddy!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Brian
Getting To Know Folks

New to NWDC, looking for a dive buddy!

Post by Brian »

Hey Guys!

I got certified two years ago (SSI Adventure) and have about 60 dives since mostly in warm water. I just got back from Honduras and am itching to get in the water and put my dry suit to use. I've taken the PADI dry suit course and have about 4 dives in the Puget Sound. Although I'm not very experienced in cold water, I am pretty comfortable. I'm working evenings for the next two weeks and would love to hit Edmonds before work, let me know if you're interested!

-Brian
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Re: New to NWDC, looking for a dive buddy!

Post by johndo88 »

Hello Brian,
Welcome to the insanity. There are some weekly dives but mostly after work. When you say you want to hit Edmonds before work, what time would you be looking at? In addition, what part of the Seattle-Tacoma-Everett area do you live in? And by the way, good for you to wanting to get back into Puget Sound so soon after bathtub diving in Honduras. BTW, was that in Roatán?
Cheers
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! When you aren't working evenings there are weekly dives in the evening that you are welcome to join, and we're having a club dive/bbq at Edmonds on February 20th. It would be great to meet you there! Keep your eye on the dive planning section to see what's going on where:

http://nwdiveclub.com/viewforum.php?f=3
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Brian
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Brian »

Thank you for the welcome guys! And thanks for the heads up on the BBQ, I think I can make that.

Johndo- I wouldn't want to be out of the water any later than 3, earlier is better (probably 11ish for slack tide). I live in Woodinville. And yes I got a couple days in on Roatan, and spent most of my time on Utila.