Seattle Area Diving

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
ajpackard9
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Seattle Area Diving

Post by ajpackard9 »

Hello! I'm looking for some buddies in the Seattle area who could show me around. I have 100+ dives logged in the Caribbean for fun/work/research but only about 20 dives logged with my dry suit in the PNW area. I will be in Seattle for training from May 8th to May 29th and then in and out for a year or so. I'm excited to see what's around and, hopefully, make it up to the San Juans in the next year or so.

Thanks for being here!

-Amber
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Seattle Area Diving

Post by Penopolypants »

Hi Amber!

I had surgery on my knee recently and am not sure if I will be cleared to dive by then (perhaps by the end of your stay?). If I am I will gladly show you around! Or perhaps on one of your later trips out here.

Welcome to the board, and to the PNW!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Hello, and welcome. Another idea is to join one of our weekly dive groups during the week. Watch the planning thread to find times and locations.
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Post by johndo88 »

Welcome to the forum. To pile on to what Gdog wrote, check out the Th Th Th and Bubbles and Suds postings. Those two groups recently met for a joint dive at Alki; check out the following thread:

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php ... de#p274596

Do you know what part of town you will be staying in. Traffic here can be challenging so knowing what area you'll be staying in might help.

Cheers
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Hi Amber,

Welcome to NWDC. Hope to see you around at some local dive sites soon!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Hola
I can go next weekend May 7th or 8th, happy to take someone new out. Do you need anything gearwise? Have a car? Where's your PNW "home"? We can find someplace near-ish.
Richard
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

ajpackard9 wrote:...and, hopefully, make it up to the San Juans in the next year or so.

Welcome! Oooh the San Juans. Sometimes that area can be a bit currenty and dark, but also very colorful and wonderful! And the area is so beautiful top side! Post here when you get some more cold water experience and we can provide some advice (the charter situation is changing out there... :( ). I like to go out there about maybe once a month or two during the spring-fall.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!