Bubbles & Suds I-90 Bridge Edition 5/11/16

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Bubbles & Suds I-90 Bridge Edition 5/11/16

Post by Echo »

Last night we decided to head south to Seattle and dive the sunken I-90 bridge. We had a really good turn out with beautiful weather and soupy vis. I got separated in the near zero vis so I headed South and explored all of the construction 'leftovers' and treasure hunted to 105ft for a bit before turning up and heading North to the sunken bridge where I re-grouped with everybody else. There was a ton of bass and yellow perch and other lake residents. Overall, it was a cold, creepy and fun 68min dive, as it always is.
-Erika
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Bubbles & Suds I-90 Bridge Edition 5/11/16

Post by Norris »

Those are some really great pictures. I especially like the Mt. Rainier picture with the water framing the bottom of the pic. Really cool idea
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Agreed, nice pictures and write-up. That mountain shot is sweet.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Great Snaps! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

Thank you :)
-Erika
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

Norris wrote:Those are some really great pictures. I especially like the Mt. Rainier picture with the water framing the bottom of the pic. Really cool idea
Thank you! I've been toying with the over-under shots with my dome port without much success
-Erika
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Sweet we did a dive there a few weeks ago ...
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

H20doctor wrote:Sweet we did a dive there a few weeks ago ...
You wanna know how I got separated? Digging for a bottle. You gave me the bottle bug.
-Erika
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Echo wrote:
H20doctor wrote:Sweet we did a dive there a few weeks ago ...
You wanna know how I got separated? Digging for a bottle. You gave me the bottle bug.
There's nothing better than bottle hunting... !!!!
Our zero viz lake stevens training. finally paid off...
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

Oh it paid off a long time ago. I solo dived Kayak Pt last summer. Vis was like 2'. I had to smash my computer in my face to read it. I'm totally comfortable in zero vis. BTW, Kayak Pt is the worst dive site in Washington.
-Erika
trekdiv3r
Just Settling In

Post by trekdiv3r »

Echo wrote:Last night we decided to head south to Seattle and dive the sunken I-90 bridge. We had a really good turn out with beautiful weather and soupy vis. I got separated in the near zero vis so I headed South and explored all of the construction 'leftovers' and treasure hunted to 105ft for a bit before turning up and heading North to the sunken bridge where I re-grouped with everybody else. There was a ton of bass and yellow perch and other lake residents. Overall, it was a cold, creepy and fun 68min dive, as it always is.

Naive question about the treasure hunting referenced here along with the comments about bottles. Are there bottles that can be found at this site?
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

maybe. I havent found anything good. it's mostly common beer bottles. there may be something worth finding
-Erika