Hello!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Saanauk
Just Settling In

Hello!

Post by Saanauk »

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just got my OW and dry suit certifications. Only have 8 open water dives under my belt so far. My whole life has been spent on top of the water sport fishing around the San Juans, Vancouver Island, and S.E. Alaska. I have actually traveled to many different cold water dive locations like Gods Pocket but have not dove there. Finally took the plunge to explore under the water.

Waiting for my dry suit to show up that I ordered and then I will have all my own gear minus tanks. I am pretty much interested in diving anywhere and looking for people to dive with. Having a boat it will hopefully open up different areas in the San Juans to dive. Most of my free summer time is occupied with fishing trips but hope to make some time to get a few dives in.

Looking forward to seeing what is below the surface of all the areas I have spent so much time boating above.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Hello!

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board, and to the addiction! Dave Barry once said that going to the ocean and staying on the surface was like going to the circus and staring at the outside of the tent.

Are you located in the San Juans?
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
pnwlance
Getting To Know Folks

Post by pnwlance »

Welcome! Jumped right to the drysuit huh? Personally just logged dive number 9 (5th cold water dive) and immediately went home and started researching dry suits! I was cold.
Saanauk
Just Settling In

Post by Saanauk »

I am located in Bellingham. pnwlance I have spent some time in a wet suit in California doing a little surfing and I new I didn't want to spend my time diving in wet suit. With wanting to dive in Alaska and Vancouver Island I knew dry suit was the way to go.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Welcome!

You're gonna love it!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!