April in Anacortes

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

April in Anacortes

Post by Sharkb8 »

It's looking like our current stay-at-home restrictions are going to slowly start easing up soon for a bit, so it's time to think about more diving! I'm pretty lucky where I live up north, so I was able to sneak over to Anacortes for a couple under the radar dives this last month without drawing attention from anyone other than the temporary elephant seal security guard at the beach. The water was really cold (44 deg!) on one dive, and then there was a little Deception Pass impression from the current at the predicted slack on another, so the diving was good for character building and dive skills practice. The spring hydroid blossom is happening, so the associated nudi bloom has been enjoyable to check out. There are some good weekend tides for the next month, so hopefully I will be seeing some of you from 6 ft away out at Keystone and under a certain bridge soon now that the parks will be re-opened!

Party underwater