Having Nitrogen Withdrawls, HELP!!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Diveaddict
Just Settling In

Having Nitrogen Withdrawls, HELP!!

Post by Diveaddict »

Hi, diveaddict here, writing to introduce myself, and say hi y’all. I should preface this by saying I am currently going through major Nitrogen withdrawals, so if this sounds a bit desperate that is just the lack of Nitrogen speaking. I just moved back to the Northwest from Florida about a month ago. Got here found a dive buddy and was diving every weekend (which was not enough but kept the withdrawal symptoms at bay), well dive buddy moved and now I am looking for new buddies. I have logged on to a few of your discussions before joining and you guys are a breath of fresh air. You are definitely the most addicted, enthusiastic divers I have come across in the Northwest, I look forward to meeting you guys in person. I was spoiled in Florida, every day I climbed into a wet wetsuit (the fact that my 3mm was sufficient I am finding was spoiling in itself) my BC now has time to be disassembled, dry off and be put away between dives, I am desperately looking for buddies to help in rectifying this situation. Of immediate concern is I made the mistake of not diving last weekend thinking that I would be “good” and get some work done, which of course completely back fired as all I can think about since is diving. So I owe it to my productivity to dive this weekend, I love that logic!! If anyone is looking for a buddy this weekend I am going to be up in the Seattle area (technically Bainbridge Island) and NEED to dive. Can’t wait to have some awesome dives!!
Always ready to dive!!
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

WELCOME diveaddict.. You have come to the right place to find others with the nitrogen addiction.. Hope to see you in the water soon!

Holly
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Having Nitrogen Withdrawls, HELP!!

Post by Tom Nic »

Diveaddict wrote: I have logged on to a few of your discussions before joining and you guys are a breath of fresh air. You are definitely the most addicted, enthusiastic divers I have come across in the Northwest, I look forward to meeting you guys in person.
:supz: :supz:

Welcome Dive Addict!

Did I miss where you are in the Sound? (Very possible, as my brain is also nitrogen addled... at least that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!) North end? South end?

-Tom
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Werlcome diveaddict!

Come down south during the midweek and well show you some cool shore dives :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Howdy, I am feeling your pain, those darned Nitrogen pushers.... I'm going through withdrawals now myself and won't get any release till Saturday afternoon.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Getting my fix tonight *twitches uncontrollably*. Welcome to NWDC!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

sucks about your dive buddy leaving, but welcome to the northwest dive club. :supz: lots of great people here!
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Welcome to our "Fruit and Nut Bowl". Filled with diving nuts and fools. :wav: :wav: You should have no problem hooking up here.
Charles
Diveaddict
Just Settling In

Post by Diveaddict »

BASSMAN wrote:Werlcome diveaddict!

Come down south during the midweek and well show you some cool shore dives :supz:
Actually you are north of me I am stuck down here in Battleground WA, an itybitty little town just north of Portland. But have truck will travel so just let me know I have to come up your way to work often.
Always ready to dive!!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Okay, keep watching the dive plan / report section. I'll try to remember to post my dives there.

Keith :smt035 :salute:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: